Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased an Element today (EX AWD) and was wondering if anyone could tell me if the interior bike accessory is worth it (I would be carrying two hybrid Trek bikes):)? Also, if I were to get the interior bike accessory does it prevent use of the cargo tray (I am thinking the tray may not lay flat because of bike brackets etc.) Any advice appreciated and if anyone can suggest "must have" great accessories I would love to know about them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
IMO you could buy a reasonable facsimilie of that particular accessory at any bike vendor for about $10. Look in the biking forum for specific interior bike mounting ideas but a bungee cord and towel do wonders. I prefer my hitch mounted Sportrack for my bikes unless I'm by myself and throw it in the back for quick ride.

There are some things that simply are better as a Honda part, and many like this (again IMO) that just arent.

You must first identify your needs young padawan and then begin to accessorize :D I've brightened the interior lighting w/ LEDs, added mats and storage. And every E owner needs a bucket of bungee cords me thinks. Step bars help get to the top for washing and vacation bag loading (I'm not 100% in love w/ my aftermarket ones but too cheap to pay for the OEM's at the time).

Welcome to fun in a box :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've considered a roof rack and the interior bike setup, but nothing beats being able to put up a back seat and string up my road/mountain bikes with bungee cables. Quick, painless and very secure. I think the E looks naked without a roof rack, though. :)

And congrats on the purchase! Welcome to the family.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Sonia, I sent you a PM. I just bought a 3 pack of these, which can be attached to a plank (rather than your element floor!) to stand your bike up with:

http://www.overstock.com/Sports-Toys/Claw-Bike-Racks-Pack-of-3/4324056/product.html

I actually used them in my previous element, and will be going to find the 3rd one that I didn't use originally - if I find it and end up with 2 of these that I don't actually need, then 2 of them will be for sale! Of course, you can buy the 3 pack yourself if you don't want to wait for me. Just a heads-up on another, cheaper solution!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I cut a piece of 3/4 plywood to fit the contours of the back of the storage area and mounted my bike fork mounts to that. I can set the plywood in or out as needed. I also have a Yakima receiver bike rack that I can use if I need the inside for more storage. If you put two bikes inside in the back storage is very limited on long trips so I sometimes carry the bikes outside.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts