Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like my old van. from time to time i transport my mother and her motorized chair. does anyone know the weight ratings on the factory loops in the rear? the grand caravan i removed the center row of seats....but they had 2X as many seat loops. since it will go in the rear. i was thinking of strapping from seat floor loop(strong) to the rear corner loops. will they be strong enough or are they just a hook to locate dog box etc?

·
12,180 Posts
I wasn't able to find a rating for the tie downs on the floor. They are more or less only intended to anchor down the sunroof when it is removed of to hold the accessory cargo net. Since they are only attached to the plastic side panels i would not expect them to be able to take to much of a weight load.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I wasn't able to find a rating for the tie downs on the floor. They are more or less only intended to anchor down the sunroof when it is removed of to hold the accessory cargo net. Since they are only attached to the plastic side panels i would not expect them to be able to take to much of a weight load.
I had no clue they were to hold the removed sunroof, i need to go look into this.

·
Registered
836 Posts
well that's rather neat, only problem is my used E didn't come with the bag. Checked around and could find it for sale at a good price so I think I'll get my mom to build me one. It has a zipper on it to close the bag right? Or should I get velcro for the seal to avoid scratches.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
The rear-seat anchors in the floor are heavy duty, and the LATCH anchors in the rear ceiling are made to hold some weight (don't know the limit), but the anchors in the rear corners of the floor are only held in with nylon anchors.
I found the limit looking on your cool site Mr. 8) 2010 model pdf page 218 under the Carrying Cargo section they have them rated at 50lbs each.:)

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for all the info i really hate to do it but i might have to add some hooks on the rear corners(mounted to more then plastic)

sorry i took so long to reply i was at the dealership getting my spoiler installed. sometimes taking free options and installs is not a good idea.

aparently they de burred the outside holes from the bottom and hit my roof with the drill bit. so 123 miles and already getting repainted gouges to bare metal are never good. maybe il get my A pillar plastic color matched while there at it.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Ramblerdan and lizzurd, Thank you for showing me about the storage bag. I ended up finding the bag for $.99 on ebay with 7.99 shipping. Got a brand new storage bag for $8.98, going to be a good add on to have at the beach :)

·
12,180 Posts
Ramblerdan and lizzurd, Thank you for showing me about the storage bag. I ended up finding the bag for $.99 on ebay with 7.99 shipping. Got a brand new storage bag for $8.98, going to be a good add on to have at the beach :)

I should have kept my mouth shut and looked on ebay myself......I have been wanting a second storage bag......

Glad we could help.

·
Registered
836 Posts
they have a few more on ebay. a couple are even buy it now for about 20 dollars. Since im a college student I went ahead and bid on an auction and it never left the starting bid.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts