Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked all over this forum "but still haven't found what I'm looking for".
My driver side (since I'm driving) sun visor will not stay put when I move it to the door side it swings back and forth. When I use the cool extender it swings into the window and rattles.
Is there any way to increase the tension or resistance on this this or is it just worn out after 5 years 75,000 miles?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I keep a Padres baseball cap in my door pocket and when I need to I just put it on to block the sun, It works much better than that stupid visor. Try it. I recommend the Padres or a Chargers cap.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks I'll keep that in mind. I have a Seattle Sombrero in there for when it rains or I find my self in the sun. (Ginger Kid)

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I have been wondering about the ability to increase the tension on mine as well.

Rick, unfortunately the later model year Es don't have the better visors.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Is there any way to increase the tension or resistance on this this or is it just worn out after 5 years 75,000 miles?
I agree It's very annoying.. today the damn visor got caught in the windor during Power Up becasue it swung freely.

I''m going to see if a sticky rubber dot / cushon will stick to the extender and dampen the rattle against the window.

I also though about inserting some sort of shim up the visor shaft hole.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree It's very annoying.. today the damn visor got caught in the windor during Power Up becasue it swung freely.

I''m going to see if a sticky rubber dot / cushon will stick to the extender and dampen the rattle against the window.

I also though about inserting some sort of shim up the visor shaft hole.
let me know how that shim works out

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've noticed this too! On long road trips with the sun on my window and the visor extender out it tends to rattle against the glass. I pull it away and 10mins late its back! I ended up folding a tissue and wrapping a rubber band around it to cushion the sound. Honda took out the extended visors in the new models? Wow the new models are being stripped out.
-no sunroof
-no extended mirrors
-no rubber grip seat texture (pro/con)
-no 5mt!( luckily i got an 05' MT ex AWD in Rallye Red, rare?)

+seat belts in seat
+cooler console

·
Registered
247 Posts
Confermed, My 07 EX visor's both driver and passenger slides out on the pivot rod

1 - 10 of 10 Posts