Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
wow! how'd u wire the lights below?
The LEDs are a flexible LED strip you can get on ebay with different lengths. I used white b/c they're so bright they give a blue tint.. the blue LEDs are pretty dark anyway so go with white if you want to actually see.

I wired it from the center dome light. Popped the center dome lens out, unscrew the dome light attachment, then ran wires from the dome lights above the inside roof (using a wire hanger to guide the wire) out to the sides and along the black rubber trim around the inside frame. The black rubber trim comes right off and comes back easily. You can't see any wires and they work just like the dome lights, even fades when turning off. I have two more sets I'm going to wire along the rubber trim by the passenger windows. Pics to come.

Oh, the center dome light is an 18 LED assembly I also got from ebay. All together I have 4 strips of white LEDs and a pair of 18 LEDs for around $45 shipped from overseas (took two weeks to get here). Don't know where I'm going to put the other set of 18 yet..they're friggin bright.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Dang it . . . another cool mod to add to the list.

Thanks for the good explanation- maybe I'll try it myself instead of adding to the honey-do list :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
I have been wanting to get busy with some LED upgrades too, this just reminds me to get busy before winter gets here!

Thanks for sharing, and love to see more pics when you have time.

Todd

·
Registered
244 Posts
How about a picture of how well they blend into the interior in the day. :)

·
Registered
251 Posts
I added some to the cup holders as well...got tired of searching for them while driving!

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
The LEDs are a flexible LED strip you can get on ebay with different lengths. I used white b/c they're so bright they give a blue tint.. the blue LEDs are pretty dark anyway so go with white if you want to actually see.

I wired it from the center dome light. Popped the center dome lens out, unscrew the dome light attachment, then ran wires from the dome lights above the inside roof (using a wire hanger to guide the wire) out to the sides and along the black rubber trim around the inside frame. The black rubber trim comes right off and comes back easily. You can't see any wires and they work just like the dome lights, even fades when turning off. I have two more sets I'm going to wire along the rubber trim by the passenger windows. Pics to come.

Oh, the center dome light is an 18 LED assembly I also got from ebay. All together I have 4 strips of white LEDs and a pair of 18 LEDs for around $45 shipped from overseas (took two weeks to get here). Don't know where I'm going to put the other set of 18 yet..they're friggin bright.
I was studying the service manual on ways to wire custom lighting. You did a great job fishing and concealing the wire. My buddy has LED's on his handles and I might want to do the same in addition to the LED floor strip.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Nice!

Welcome! I just added two more strips in the front under the seats so I'll have pics of those soon.
Rolla I was working with individual LED's but I may go to the strip that looks slick.

VX Think we have enough time to get those here by October?:rolleyes:

I was thinking 1 strip to replace the rear cargo light.

1 strip under each front seat (front/back).
:cool: that may be to bright!

Keep up the pics.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
LED strips

You can get them at autozone but they seem to be a bit steeper in price. I got mine in about 12 days from overseas on ebay. The front LED strips are actually under the front dash not seats. Keep note that if you do put them under the rear seats, you'll have problems with removing or folding your seats up :/ you'll have to stick them to the floor .. I kept mine visible b/c they actually look appealing, can be stepped on, and aren't bulky like the regular LEDs. Good Luck, and let me know if you need any help!

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
You can get them at autozone but they seem to be a bit steeper in price.
I am working on my lights this week. Thanks Rolla for giving me the nudge to get started on this mod! I have been threatening to do this since I bought my E new in 2006. I have purchased my strips from superbrightleds.com

I have had good luck with them in the past, and a good selection for 12 volt applications. Start here at their index site: http://www.superbrightleds.com/site_index.htm
Personally I think they are in need of a web site update, but if you can manage to get around their site, and keep all the items you want in your cart, you are doing well. Takes a bit of testing.

Listed under 12VDC, then choose "light bars" there are a few decent choices there for strip lighting.

I will post a photo series on my own install.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Rolla I was working with individual LED's but I may go to the strip that looks slick.

VX Think we have enough time to get those here by October?:rolleyes:

I was thinking 1 strip to replace the rear cargo light.

1 strip under each front seat (front/back).
:cool: that may be to bright!

Keep up the pics.
I think there's plenty of time, they do sell the strips at Autozone and Kragenm even Pep Boys. I really need to move on to modding the interior more, these LED strips seem to be what I am looking for. :)

·
Registered
265 Posts
I bought a whole lot of orange lights from streetglow.. yes, i didn't shop around... impulse buying, but anyways, I have a bunch of individual leds that I don't really know where to put.. I mean I'd like to put them in the door panels and etc, but do I drill them? do I just tape them, I think they would look cool, I have about 8 of them, just dont know where to put them...

Also If i wired them through the door, where would the wire run to go back to under my dash where the others are?

1 - 20 of 93 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.