Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Like many, I like to personalize my car. The only problem is, I have very, very little electrical/mechanical experience. That was no problem for this flashy mod, because you don't need any of that. All you need is a flat-head screwdriver, 5 minutes, and these bulbs:
2 of these:
http://store.ijdmtoy.com/SMD-LED-Interior-Light-Panel-For-Room-Dome-Lights-p/led_luxer1_panel_sku98.htm
and 1 pair of these (quantity 1=a pair, they don't make it too obvious):
http://store.ijdmtoy.com/SMD-D31mm-Map-Dome-LED-bulbs-DE3175-DE3022-Festoon-p/led_6smd_d31_sku21.htm

I have personally installed these and I know that they fit. It is a tight fit, but they do fit and they function wonderfully.

All you have to do is slide your screwdriver between the clear plastic lens of your light, and the tan plastic that holds it, and pry the little tabs free. This goes for the dome lights and the click-on map lights in the front. For the map lights, pry near the hinges. You should be able to tell where the clips are if you look carefully. Be gentle and it should be no problem.

The rest is a cake walk, just swap out the bulbs in the front, if they don't work, pull them out and put them the other way because the polarity isn't marked. For the rear lights, you pull out the bulbs, pop in the dummy bulb, and clip the wire to the plate(there is a built in clip). Again, test for proper polarity, and then peel off the 3m adhesive cover and stick them on. Make sure you position them so that the lens will fit, these ones are a little tight, but led's have very little heat so you won't damage your lenses or anything.
Now just pop the lenses back on. The lights come on and fade out just like they used to.

You're done, it probably took longer reading this than it will to actually do it.

P.S. The lights are very bright, despite their color (I have blue, I can't speak for red). The color looks really great in my black E and I am very happy with this mod. Don't forget to check with local law enforcement about legality(although I didn't haha).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Oh gawd, not that overpriced POS store. Got mine on ebay for a 1/5 of the price AND shipping.

Been a few years and still working to this day.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts