Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yestarday I got my first Element. Its an 06. One of the first things i want to do is put some HID or LED blubs in, install fog lights and put some interior LED bulbs.

Please note, I have no previous experience with doing any mods to any car what so ever so any tip of any kind is greatly appreciated, and I apologize if I ask a quiet a bit of questions as I learn.

So here is what I have so far.

I want to install blue LEDs to my cup holders and dash like so. These pictures are of another Element I saw online browsing and in the caption it was said that 5mm bulbs were used. If anyone can provide me with information as to where and how they were installed please post. Also if you have info on where and how to mount switches for the lights as well as what kind please post.

I do however as far as interior lights have my eye on these, If you have any info on them or perhaps better lights, or anything please let me know. I found them on LEDglow.com but arent sure if these are good so please let me know.

For Fog lights i found these in a brief search, they are by OEM and cost $99 on the site i found them. Of course when it gets time to buy them i will search for a cheaper price. But if anyone has any tips on installation or a different model or price then please post.

I would really like to install some HID or LED bulbs but I dont want something that is going to blind other people just be brighter and more appealing then the stock lights. I have seen lights that had 5000k 8000k, etc. If someone can explain the scale for lights and provide links and other info please post.

Like i said, im new to this, have many questions but am greatly appreciating any knowledge and many thanks! Also i apologize for picture size i dont know how to resize them.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
First let me say Welcome to the EOC !!

THERE ARE SEVERAL THREADS ON THIS FORUM THAT ADDRESS YOUR QUESTIONS.

I think you will find that a quick search will get you started quickly.

Also one of the sight sponsors has fogs for sale to members at reduced rates. See Bling Lights for information.

This from another member on installation.

Have fun with your reading.

Dom

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, those are actually awesome and I am probably going to buy those. Thank you very much!

and im glad to be a part of the site and the Element community!

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I want to install blue LEDs to my cup holders and dash like so. These pictures are of another Element I saw online browsing and in the caption it was said that 5mm bulbs were used. If anyone can provide me with information as to where and how they were installed please post. Also if you have info on where and how to mount switches for the lights as well as what kind please post.
^^That's actually my interior. :grin:

Here's an older l.e.d. cup holder thread that I chimed in on,with a few other members and details of my install.
Mine starts on this page and so on.
http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40222&highlight=cupholder+leds&page=2

I'm not sure where my pictures went though.:? All well,they were pretty much the ones you've already posted.8)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh wow, of all people to meet! aha. yea actually your post has inspired me to do some things i didnt think of before to my new car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts