Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the gear shift slection (park,reverse,drive) suppose to light up when you turn on your lights? The ones beside the gear shift.I didn't know if I had a blub burn out or they just don't light up.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Is the gear shift slection (park,reverse,drive) suppose to light up when you turn on your lights? The ones beside the gear shift.I didn't know if I had a blub burn out or they just don't light up.
nope, thats why they are in the instrument cluster the way they are.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
um, er, actually they do... ;-)

The OP most likely has a burnt out bulb.
hmmmm thats good to know since mine dont either. maybe i unplugged something when i was in there last. :confused:

i just look at the one on the dash anyway

·
Registered
229 Posts
For the Record....

Mine are illuminated also!!!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Looks like I have more than one burnt bulb. LOL :D

My gear shift selection does not light up either. Neither does my hazard button. The time I noticed they were not lit, I couldn't remember if they were ever lit so I just ignored the fact. I never look down there anyway for the gear selection. I always look at the instrument cluster. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
557 Posts
hmmmm thats good to know since mine dont either. maybe i unplugged something when i was in there last. :confused:

i just look at the one on the dash anyway
Usually the gauge cluster will have wires running for each individual gear position to the shifter unit. Also, if they are in the wrong spot on the pin in the cluster, not only will they not light up, but if the reverse lock out is in the wrong spot, it will cause the tranny to shift roughly when you move it from park, rev. I don't know about the illumination on the element, but if the numbers light up it is probably a dash light issue, or a burned bulb in that particular spot, although I don't see how that works.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Oh and don't forget that it's only the shift pattern that is illuminated on the shifter,not your actual gear selection.:)

·
Registered
44 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts