Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sorry if there is a thread started for this issue, but I couldn't find one.

I have slowly started to develop a rattle/clicking on the inside of my Element. It wasn't a big deal at first, as it only happened on rough/dirt roads. However, it has started to occur over minor bumps, even on smooth roads, and it has started to drive me crazy. I have tried to find the rattle for hours but have had no luck. It is in the back, probably behind the back seats. It is kind of a metallic/plastic rattle/clicking. I checked the rear windshield wiper, the car-seat hooks, inside the spare tire storage... Has anyone else had a rattle like this? It's driving me insane! If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them. Thanks for the help in advance,
John.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I get one when the passenger side rear seat is folded up. Turns out it being a combo of the attachment bolt being slightly loose and a plastic cover where the seat back folds.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I suggest you remove both rear seats, the spare tire cover, spare, jack, and anything else down there, and see if that helps. Tracking down noises is always troublesome, and it often helps to subtract possible causes.
I never even thought of that... Great idea! Thank you! I'll try it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found it yesterday! After basically ripping out every removable plastic and metal piece, including the seats, spare tire cover, jack and tire etc, I had my brother drive me around while I looked for it. It turns out it was the connection of the two latches that keep the rear clamshell closed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts