Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read on here where someone suggested using Herculiner to protect it. I have suitcases, etc that will slide across it pretty regularly. Has anyone here used anything else, or have any ideas on protecting it from scratches??

·
Registered
836 Posts
Murdock industrial makes the elemat and they also sell a tailgate protector, not sure if you'd need to Velcro/stick it on with something to get it to stay while the tailgate is up. I've also heard its only 40 bucks to replace that piece of plastic, so i just let mine get scratched up its easier that way lol

·
Registered
47 Posts
I saw some pix of people putting grip tape (for ladders and such) for their dogs. That would resist scratches.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Or you could just relax and accept that the scratches add to your Element's character. Proof that it's earning a place in your overall "tool" collection. A shiny tool just looks like it's never been used -- is that what you prefer?

It's cheaper to buy the two plastic replacement parts when you trade it in than it is to protect it from the scars of a useful life. Mine has seven years worth of "battle scars", and looks just fine to my eyes. :|

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Or you could just relax and accept that the scratches add to your Element's character. Proof that it's earning a place in your overall "tool" collection. A shiny tool just looks like it's never been used -- is that what you prefer?

It's cheaper to buy the two plastic replacement parts when you trade it in than it is to protect it from the scars of a useful life. Mine has seven years worth of "battle scars", and looks just fine to my eyes. :|
That's probably what I'll end up doing. My 2005 E I had was scratched up and I never really thought about it. Guess it's just because it's brand new with no scratches that I'm really noticing it!

·
Registered
69 Posts
RhinoGuard

You could remove the tailgate and probably have it Rhinogaurded. (Like in the bed of a pick-up truck) I have not done this, but I bet it would work. I'm not going to be the first though.

·
Registered
689 Posts
We usually have hockey gear in the back of the Element and that heavy bag sliding around can scratch the interior tail-gate.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not bad..where do you get the 1/4 diamond plate, and how do you attach it??
Have you had it on for long?

·
Registered
234 Posts
tailgate info

the flap will have 8-32 studs welded to the back, accessing the lock nuts will be easy, the bigger main panel will be through bolted, riv nuts into the tailgate under the plastic panel. I plan to do various wood and metal combination's I fabricate elevator interiors, and use lots of different species of veneer panels, the sample is sapele mahogany the diamond plate is from freight elevator floors, I have the patterns and hole locations on my cnc router, so any elevator panels that I make, my samples will fit the FISH E!

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts