Honda Element Owners Club banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
check the plug connections for the motor. It is located directly under the glove box. I don't think you will need to remove the g-box to get to it but it is a simple procedure, check the cabin air filter FAQ for the details on removal. The blower motor is only held in place by 3 easy to get to screws and is super easy to replace if need be.

·
Registered
164 Posts
check the plug connections for the motor. It is located directly under the glove box.
In addition to the two pin connector at the motor to the left of the motor mounted to the duct work is a 4 pin connector to the speed regulator. In the under hood fuse box there is a blower relay and a fuse. The blower ground amazingly is on the far left side of the dash. There are other harness interconnect connectors as well. The speed regulator has a thermal "fuse" it might be going out. If you unplug the 4 pin speed regulator connector and ground the Blue/Black wire it should run at full speed. indicating the motor and relay are OK (ignition ON).

Note: this information is from a 2007 shop manual

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
These are great troubleshooting comments but they seem to address the issue of "no blower fan output". I have output but, it is intermittent, sometimes blower comes on from a cold start, other times it comes on after I have driven for 5, 10, 15, 20 or 30 minutes.

·
Registered
78 Posts
sounds like the blower motor resistor may be faulty/going bad. located next to the blower motor, two screws holding it. use the above mentioned test method when it fails to come on, mine went bad had to replace it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just before you go into all of that, I had the exact same problem. It was that there was a little bit of corrosion on the drive shaft of the fan motor.

I dropped the entire blower unit from right under the glove box, took the bottom cover of the blower assembly off. I grabbed a can of WD-40 with the straw and sprayed from the bottom, the little nooks on the side of the motor housing, and from the top right under the fan blades to hit the shaft in all places. Never had a problem since.

My car was also a 2005 Element. Just a thought, hope you get the problem solved.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Heater Blower

'07 Element and the AC/heater fan works intermittently. The fuses and relays have all been replaced. I'd try to replace the fan and/or check the wiring if I could find it. Help, please!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.