Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy, folks. Almost-new owner here. I have attached my name (and some money) to an Orange 4WD EX that went into manufacturing this week. Dealers in San Diego having a hard time keeping these things on the lot, so gotta claim 'em while you can!

So, one thing I keep forgetting to check. Is the intermittent wiper variable or fixed on either the windshield or rear window? I had a '97 Civic for a short time, and it was a fixed intermittent. A minor annoyance, but I've grown accustomed to the speed sensitive variable wipers on my '98 Ford Ranger (imagine that on a Ranger!).

Put much shorter, can you adjust the delay of the intermittent wiper? And I mean while driving, not by digging into the electronics & changing it!!

Thanks.

Bill

·
Registered
608 Posts
bqbauer,

Both the rear and front wipers only have one intermittent setting. The rear, when in the on position does 2 passes, waits, then 2 passes.

You can't change the speed of the intermittent without some surgery to the Element.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. That's kinda lame of Honda, but if it's the only complaint, I think I can deal with it! Not exactly gonna make life more difficult.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I noticed that too, since many newer cars have variable intermittent wipers. Heck, my 1987 Accord had them. So it was a surprise not to see the variability on the E, and especially here in Oregon, where we have 43 different words for the different types of rain.

But then again, the Element seems to be about everything what you NEED, nothing you don't, so I guess it's excusable. I've gotten used to putting it on intermittent when it's "mistin'," "spittin'," "fleckin'," "dribblin'," or "dappling," and kicking it up to Low as needed. It's only a few inches from my right fingers, anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts