Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a quote with a good price from a dealer via e-mail. I did not mention a trade when I got the quote. I will be trading a 2000 VW Beetle with 91,000 miles on it. Has anyone bought their E from the dealer's Internet department and did you get a good price for the trade?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I did a similar thing and bought my Element from the Fleet department. I got a pretty good quote and didn't mention my trade-in until after I got all my pricing. They evaluated my car and basically offered me pretty close to the trade-in value quote that I got off of www.edmunds.com. It was about $200 less and I thought that was within reason. Too bad I had just renewed the registration fees on that car!

If I wanted to sell the car on my own, the value would have been about $1000 more but I didn't want to hassle that. Basically the dealer treated me pretty well.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
We dealt with internet salespeople and on the lot salespeople....

We did end up buying from a "On the Lot" Salesman, but we negotiated our price long before the trade in.....he knew we had a trade, but we didn't even bring it to the dealership until the night we picked up the E.

My trade was a POS 1993 Chevy Cavalier....blue book $500.....dealer gave me $300, but then knocked another $200 off of our agreed upon price....so basically he gave me blue book, but on paper it looked a bit different.

I am not sure what type of trade in you have, but if it is a nice car you may consider going to CarMax....my brother was trading in an Infinity QX4 and the Volvo dealership was not giving him what he feelt was a fair trade in, so he took it to CarMax and they gave him a great deal more ($3000 more than what the Volvo dealership was offering him for it as a trade in!)

Best of luck to you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.