Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
those are pretty sick installs. i've seen cheaper installs where it was held on by velcro lol. i wonder how well someone could get the ipad to fit on the element's dash. doesn't seem like it would fit well but i could be wrong

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
That's cool...But I am still waiting for the Ipoop, a portable pot for my Hotel Element...

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
that just handing on there, its like me in the front seat with my laptop...sitting on the dash..:lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
751 Posts
Those all look much better than the velcro job I've seen earlier. I'd never recommend straping anything over the air bag. If the air bag deploys you've got an instant projectile on a direct path to your head and face. I've got a friend with the scares from a laptop that an air bag pushed into his mouth.

These installs in the center console look much better though I'm not sure I'd want to permanently block access to my radio.

·
Registered
836 Posts
When a better version of the Ipad comes out I plan on buying one, then installing a flexible laptop arm and bolting a Ipad case to it instead of a laptop mount. That way I can have my radio and Ipad, I'm sure a little dremel work and I can route a cable and mod it into a case.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
It's probably connected to the stereo via bluetooth. I've seen smaller android based ipad knockoffs that would fit in front of the radio and not block the vents.

·
Registered
103 Posts
iPad in my Element...

Definitely not the sano solution, but I bought some 1 inch square lumber, cut two pieces (about 3 inches long) to fit the two empty tall rectangular areas outside of the the control knobs, & put Velcro on the radio, sticks, & iPad, so that the iPad floats over the radio face, & just pulls off. This makes the knobs a little awkward to reach, but that's why we have steering wheel controls. it does partially block the center dash vents, but the upside is there's no permanent change to the dash...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I mounted my iPad with a Panavise bracket and an iPad holder/mount from Ram Mounts. 9 inch touch screen navigation plus streaming music is pretty cool!

·
Registered
5 Posts
What about a Smaller Tablet, like the Samsung tab

I have the same idea however since I have an after market radio, Pioneer 920BT, and since the Samsung Tab, has a Video Output I would like to install the TAB below the shifter in the space between the Woofer and the Center console. Any Ideas?

·
Registered
7 Posts
iPad in Element

I worked on this problem theoretically for quite a while, and am happy that I finally went with the velcro solution. My iPad has one-piece trifold screen cover connected to a protective plastic backing--that is the integral part of the solution. One 2-inch x 7-inch strip on the dash (black, adhesive back, industrial strength, Velcro p/n 90593) centered oh-so-carefully in the center of the dash and a mating piece on the center panel of the iPad's trifold cover--perfect! The iPad then hangs over the radio and air vents (ran the a/c--no problem--hope it's the same with the heat on)

I had a chance to test the concept yesterday in a tedious three-hour traffic jam coming back from the beach on the east coast of Taiwan to Taipei. I watched The Wrath of Khan (hate me), explored my iTunes, and of course used the nav function to monitor my snail's progression. I'm very pleased with this solution. When I want to close/turn-off the iPad, I just flip it up and is closes like a book, sitting securely on the dash. Bonus--the iPad fits perfectly in the E glove box.

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
I worked on this problem theoretically for quite a while, and am happy that I finally went with the velcro solution. My iPad has one-piece trifold screen cover connected to a protective plastic backing--that is the integral part of the solution. One 2-inch x 7-inch strip on the dash (black, adhesive back, industrial strength, Velcro p/n 90593) centered oh-so-carefully in the center of the dash and a mating piece on the center panel of the iPad's trifold cover--perfect! The iPad then hangs over the radio and air vents (ran the a/c--no problem--hope it's the same with the heat on)

I had a chance to test the concept yesterday in a tedious three-hour traffic jam coming back from the beach on the east coast of Taiwan to Taipei. I watched The Wrath of Kahn (hate me), explored my iTunes, and of course used the nav function to monitor my snail's progression. I'm very pleased with this solution. When I want to close/turn-off the iPad, I just flip it up and is closes like a book, sitting securely on the dash. Bonus--the iPad fits perfectly in the E glove box.

All that and no pics??? Shame on you!!!!

Pics now, or it never happened!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
OK, ok...

Let's see if I've cracked the pictures code yet.

First photo is my iPad cover, made by "macally," 'bout $20, I think. I put the "hook" part of the velcro on here because it is super smooth.

Second picture (in terrible parking garage lighting) is my dash with the 2 inch x 7-inch velcro "pile" tape. For

Third photo is the iPad cover installed, hanging over the radio. As you have figured by now, I used my iPad to take the picture, that's why there's no iPad in the photo.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts