Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
160 Posts
I also just installed the UltiMount for my Nomad JukeBox. I attached mine just above the sub-woofer, just below the shifter.

It works great for me.

eKennedy

· Registered
160 Posts
Well, I guess I spoke too soon. I had my UltiMount installed for about a week, and everything seemed to be fine, but then guess what was lying on the floor of my E when I got in to go to work this morning?

When I installed it, I gave the dash the double wipe cleaning as per the instructions, then let the adhesive cure for about 48 hours. I guess that slight bit of texture on the dash was enough to cause it to slip off.

Then of course, the Nomad JukeBox I mounted isn't exactly as light as a PDA or those iPods.

So now I'm considering putting a couple of small thin screws through the disk of the UltiMount to really hold it in place. Anyone know whats right behind the plastic above the sub and below the shifter?

I'm a bit hesitant since it would then be a permanent mod, but I really liked having the jukebox right there.

eKennedy

· Registered
160 Posts
Well, I went ahead and screwed the UltiMount to that space just below the shifter. I put three small screws in the stickie disc portion.

The way the UltiMount works, you can always remove the arm, so that only the sticky disc remains, and the color matches the dash itself, so it almost looks like it belongs there.

And most importantly, it holds my JukeBox no problem now.

eKennedy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.