Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iPhone App "Gas Cubby"

I just downloaded this app, and it looks promising.
It costs $6.99. I've been looking for something like this, and it has received positive reviews, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

I'm posting here because I thought others might find this iPhone app useful.

Here are some iPhone Screenshots.

You can back up your data to their server in case your phone crashes.

I'm only on my 2nd tank of gas, thus there isn't a lot of data there yet.
You can program Maintenance Minders, and the entire app is quite capable.

I read this review, from AppAdvice.com, which inspired me to give this app a shot.

When I decide to go back to work, I'll also be looking into another app from this author, called "Trip Cubby".
Author of Gas Cubby website is: http://www.appcubby.com

I just thought that I would share this iPhone app here.

Later,

·
Registered
288 Posts
That's really neat! Makes me wish I had an iphone.

·
Registered
229 Posts
My phone...

My phone is "only" a phone. So, I don't have "apps" on it. But, that one does look useful.

However, I've had an Excel spreadsheet that I keep all that data on. I've been keeping records for my car(s) and motorcycle since 1992. I, personally, think keeping those records is smart. If you have a phone that does it or another tool that does it... really doesn't matter. But, I think you'd be wise to keep the records just the same.

It is interesting to look at the graph price per gallon over the last 17 years....

·
Registered
6,468 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Sweet! But, I opted for the Samsung Eternity phone. I can not handle too many extra gadgets.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Can you export data out?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've used the AccuFuel app for over a year now on my iphone to track gas mileage and cost. It has a simple interface that's easy to use, supports multiple vehicles, and allows you to export the data. Its so much easier than keeping a pencil and paper in the car or printing receipts to scriblle on. Yay!

I think it cost $0.99

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've used the AccuFuel app for over a year now on my iphone to track gas mileage and cost. It has a simple interface that's easy to use, supports multiple vehicles, and allows you to export the data. Its so much easier than keeping a pencil and paper in the car or printing receipts to scriblle on. Yay!

I think it cost $0.99
That's a another good app.

Here are TWO features that I wish I could find app that included:

-->Geotagging, for location purposes
-->Snapshot of Receipt, for tax purposes.

They might offer these in developmental releases.

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD
2,829 Posts
If you need to make an emergency phone call without sight, is there an app for that?

·
Registered
18 Posts
:shock:
If you need to make an emergency phone call without sight, is there an app for that?
Why YES THERE IS (all caps just in case your vision is fading), iPhone comes with voice recognition.
Just remember, it is dangerous to drive while making a phone call without sight. :shock:

·
Registered
132 Posts
I've been using "Road Trip" on mine for 99 cents. Looks to me like it does the same thing for multiple vehicles.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Just downloaded it. Thanks for the tip! Used to HATE paying for apps but after I downloaded Mega Man 2 this summer I got into it.

Can't wait to see how it turns out, 7 bucks or not. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts