Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

Just got my 2010 CFM EX and love it! I downsized from an Odyssey so still adjusting to a few things!

My biggest complaint is the placement of the AUX and 12V. I cannot access my iPhone/iTunes while it's charging. Any one discover a solution?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
You could do this...

Attachments

·
Registered
480 Posts
There are also some universal mounts that would work. Check out the DIY and Mobile Electronics areas.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I got the Kensington mount with sound amplified cradle - it comes with both windshield mount and vent mount. I used the vent mount. Like it because it works well with my iphone in it's Otterbox rubber case, and the sound amplification makes it easy to hear turn-by-turn directions on my GPS Drive App. Sound amplification is through a passive sound-chamber built into the back - works pretty well. Got a short coiled adapter cord at Best Buy that reaches (just) the plug, so it can stay plugged in. (GPS really takes down the battery in a hurry if not plugged in during use).

http://www.amazon.com/Kensington-K66627US-Windshield-Amplified-Cradle/dp/B002R5ALW8

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I just went to autozone and bought an 12v Add-an-Outlet accessory outlet thing. Its basically a cigarette lighter (12v outlet) attached to two wires. Red and Black IIRC. You have to take the passenger side dash apart and splice it into the 12v outlet wires. Some may say that you should really run it to the fuse box and put a fuse on it by itself but I've had it like this for 3 years and have had zero issues.

Then I just tucked the outlet behind the dash and plugged in the other end of the iphone charger to the new outlet. You can see where I put the Iphone end. Its just a little bit of modifying the dash. The part I cut is only like $25 from Majestic so no worries on goof ups. The charger I used has a headphone out put on the 12v plug so I just ran the output from that to the Aux in of my aftermarket head unit. But that may be more than you want to get into.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow! So many options. Thanks for everyones input.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Did you paint the console yourself or buy it? If you bought it where?

That is sweet!
I painted it myself...well my friend painted it but yeah we did it ourselves.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts