Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a link relative to setting up an iPod with the audio system so that all of the the displays and selections will work off of the factory audio controls.

Thanks - Rick

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
the USA spec is what I used. You have to use both wire harness and a third wire. Everything comes with the kit. I hooked it up into my glove box with velcro and leave my Ipod in the glove box also. It works and sounds great.
It was not that hard to hook up.

·
Registered
24 Posts
go to crutchfield.com They have an application guide that will give you all the audio options for your make/model/year vehicle. There are a couple options for Element! I don't shop anywhere else for audio..they may be a couple dollars more than Amazon or others, but they include good instructions and have great customer service.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Is this the cheapest option to make my iPod work in the E? Seems a bit much just to have my tunes playing but I am a cheap one. :oops:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Is this the cheapest option to make my iPod work in the E? Seems a bit much just to have my tunes playing but I am a cheap one. :oops:
If you want the inexpensive route, then plug into the Aux input in your dash. No power, no control, no text. If you want charging, stereo control, and text display, you need to spend some money and buy the appropriate iPod connection kit. The USAspec will hijack XM1 for the iPod, leaving you with XM2 for XM (losing 6 of your XM presets). The iSimple retains full XM and still allows text display from the iPod.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts