Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased an iPod online and was throwing out a question to any iPod users out there if all the necessary cables, etc. that will get my new iPod working on my Element's system standard when purchasing an iPod.

Thanks,
B

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm in the same boat and have the same questions...

I've been looking at this site; http://www.everythingipod.com/ but haven't made any purchases yet. Hopefully, others on this list have E-specific suggestions...

·
Registered
653 Posts
I'm not sure if this is something that comes with the iPod, but you'll need n audio patch cable to go between your MP3 player and the auxiliary jack on EX model Elements.

I came across some very high quality patch cable several weeks back and I still have a few left. This 6-foot patch cable has standard 3.5mm (1/8") male stereo mini plugs on both ends features integrated RF chokes at both ends and shielding to prevent signal interference and reduce signal loss.

Just send me some email if you're interested.

·
Registered
211 Posts
There is nothing real special about these patch cables. All you need is an audio quality cable with 1/8 inch stereo plug on each end. One foot is an ideal length.

Target sells a high quality 6 foot patch cable with Gold connectors for $1.29. I just bought one for my MP3 player, and it is really too long, but for the price, it beats getting shaken down at a high end audio shop or Radio Shack. Its the exact same cable they sell for $6.99.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Are USB's common ports for PC's? Firewire? I'm a Mac devotee, I guess I never paid attention to pc stuff.
I ask because a USB port seems like a more logical choice for the Element. Quality-wise, at least. Even my PS2 has one.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hunterbase said:
Are USB's common ports for PC's? Firewire? I'm a Mac devotee, I guess I never paid attention to pc stuff.
I ask because a USB port seems like a more logical choice for the Element. Quality-wise, at least. Even my PS2 has one.

Yes, USB version 2 is the standard on PC's now. Firewire is as fast as USB2 , just a different port. It is becoming standard on PC's now. What we are talking about Hunterbase is the audio connection (AUX) in the element. USB is a data port, and therefore not suitable for the portable MP3 player's audio output use.

·
Registered
6 Posts
just got a green 2wd EX and got patch audio cable to plug into mp3 jack and monster power cable for cigarete lighter and pluged it all and the sound just rocks !!!

easy and great sound on standard EX audio systerm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts