Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I always wanted an Element but dont have the credit to buy a new one so settled for a used one! 2003 for about 10,000.. It has 90k miles and checked the Carfax and it never had major problems only thing on the record is maintenance. Other than a few minor scrapes or scratches its still new..
I loved that its 4 cyl. for gas savings!! So what do u guys think?? Good deal??

·
Registered
895 Posts
Even if it's an AWD EX, it sounds a bit steep even for Montana. I would imagine southern California would have more Elements to choose from. If it were me I would keep looking, this one sounds rough. Dents and dings can be a sign of how an owner takes care of his vehicle too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
it really depends

a month ago (November 2009) I bought a used 1-owner 2003 Element. It's in fantastic shape, has only 83,000 miles on it, plus the first owner put some nice extras on it....side steps, alloy wheels, CD changer, DVD player w/ wireless headsets, fog light kit, etc....and I bought for 12,300....which fits about in the middle of what Kelley Blue Book says it's worth. KBB says, depending on the condition of the vehicle, 2003 Elements are worth between $11,700-$13,800.
So to find one for 10 grand in good shape is DEFINITELY WORTH IT! But do the smart thing, and have it checked over by your choice of mechanic before you buy, as you should with any used car. You may very well have stumbled on a great deal or you may have found a cheap ride that needs work. But if it checks out, I'd buy it. =)

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Dents and dings can be a sign of how an owner takes care of his vehicle too.
And you drive an Element???

Those side panels are ding magnets...I haven't seen an E yet without a couple....heck, I park in Handicap parking and still managed to acquire a few...and trust me, I baby it!

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
And you drive an Element???

Those side panels are ding magnets...I haven't seen an E yet without a couple....heck, I park in Handicap parking and still managed to acquire a few...and trust me, I baby it!
My Element has 2 dings/scratches on it. Both of them were the result of my wife! lol Both were actually before we got married. The first one she opened my door into a poll, the second one she opened her car door into my element! I wanted to KILL her. :evil:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
I have one scratch from the dog on my drivers door. No dings yet...but I have 2 cuts from a boxcutter on my drivers side back panel.:-(

·
Registered
536 Posts
10K for an 03 E

Ten thousand is a little steep but you are getting a vehicle with an excellent track record. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Heck, I'll sell you the ORANGEE for 10K..............but you'll have to come to KC to get her

·
Registered
149 Posts
I would like to sell my 04 EX AWD AUTO with 88K for $10K. Color - SMM (not GGM as my info indicates. I'm too lazy to change it)..., great condition.. Includes new set of Geolanders LT from a year ago.. just had the rear sway bar connects done as well. 7 year/100K warranty on the E. Will go on sale after I find a Tacoma or 4Runner to replace it with...

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
My Element has 2 dings/scratches on it. Both of them were the result of my wife! lol Both were actually before we got married. The first one she opened my door into a poll, the second one she opened her car door into my element! I wanted to KILL her. :evil:
Ahaa true love !

Dom

·
Registered
15 Posts
2 days after I got my 03, I was driving home from work, and a limb fell out of a tree, hit the hood, bounced up, hit the windshield, and kept on going over the car roof... No damage to the glass, but its still got two, 2" dents in the hood...:|

·
Registered
68 Posts
Mine has a little finger tip size dent in the driver's door from a banner magnet that blew off the roof at a gas station several years back. They were celebrating changing from one brand to Shell. The gas station legal beagles said to get an estimate for the repair and then get back to them. After a $1300 estimate, they said the sign company would be liable. I called them and they said "no problem, fax a copy of the estimate and we'll take care of it". If I ever see that Texas company around here, the E will have a bigger dent in the front end...

Additionally, I need to replace the rear bumper plastic garnish because some people don't know how to park without hitting the car in front of them.

And I had to bang out a dent by the fog light hole on the front plastic nose when Jose ran into it with a walk behind self propelled commercial mower that I didn't notice until a day later.

Still, it looks good for an 03 and only has 66K on it.

I just have to get the parts, which I know are now available from H and A thanks to this site, and then some time in the garage to do it.

·
Registered
203 Posts
My dent came when I opened the door and the wind ripped it out of my hand into the car next to it. The camry's mirror put a dent in my door right below the window. Stupid wind.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Know this is a little late but if you like the little car its a good deal if you have no problems. Dings are almost always there unless you hide your car from everyone or park away from all the other cars. I have a couple and keep it in great shape. The real stupid one was when we had the meet in Vegas I had to drive my truck so I loaded the E on my trailer. Halfway up I heard a rubbing sound and opened the door to find out what it was. Well door meets rail on trailer and now have a little ding on the bottom of the door.:x

·
Registered
4,174 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
i just bought a 04 ex 3 months ago for $11,000 with 24,000 original miles on it , windshield has been replaced but everything else seems like new

1 - 19 of 19 Posts