Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2007 EX (31,000 miles as of today) and at times it wont shift correctly, it drags out the gear way too far. Then at a light when we go it down shifts has we apply the gas pedal. WTH

·
Registered
07 2wd 5-speedauto
1,837 Posts
Well now that you asked.. YES I do.
Since about 3000 miles its had a shudder/bucking around 25 to 30mph and in 3rd gear, usually when its first started. Never after a long drive. Very intermittent and of course I could never get it act up on a road test with the dealer tech. I've learned to ignore it and wait it out until it becomes more frequent.
I have noticed in the past few weeks that it seems to 'stretch' out the 3rd to 4th shift, light throttle at times for no reason.

Sorry no help, keep us posted if you get it resolved.

·
Registered
480 Posts
ummm.. your Element's are still under warranty..Right? Take them in and let us know what they find.
I believe the factory warranty is 3 yr. / 36,000. They may have mileage left, but they may have been bitten by the calendar.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Warranty the crap out of those babies... FWIW, i recently changed my Trans Fluid (@75k miles) and i cant feel it shift at all anymore, i can only hear it. But you guys shouldnt be having those problems at that mileage. Did you check your trans fluid? (dipstick is right next to the battery) It should be red and it shouldnt smell like its spent time in hades.

·
Registered
562 Posts
mine has started a real rough down shift into first on deceleration. Need to get it into the dealer to take a look. I am getting close to the 60k mark.

·
Registered
07 2wd 5-speedauto
1,837 Posts
ummm.. your Element's are still under warranty..Right? Take them in and let us know what they find.
Yea mine is still under powertrain. The problem is intermittent, it will be ok for weeks and then all of sudden it acts up.

I have chosen to live with it, until it happens more often.. I prefer to not have anyone joy riding my vehicle trying to duplicate the impossible.

I do have the complaint documented while it was for service, just to have it on record, if the trans pukes when out of powertain warranty I can show it was a problem before the warranty expired.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts