Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, this is my first post here. I'm very experienced with forums, but since I am new here, I may not be familiar or aware of the guidelines of this forum, so please, if anyone can give me a few tips on how to make a better thread, please do! Thanks

Alright, so here's the thing. I'm thinking about upgrading the rear speakers on the Element, since I'm a clarity/treble freak, I cannot stand the audio quality from the rear speakers (I sit in the back a lot, because I have just got my license, so I still let my mom and dad drive:D).

Is it possible for me to upgrade the rear speakers using the stock HU, without it affecting the audio quality of the other speakers? Or perhaps the audio quality of the new speakers itself?

I'm not willing to spend a lot of money, perhaps $30 tops on a set of refurbished speakers (probably Sony, even though I know their sound quality is really subpar, but I can get them for amazingly cheap at times, like $10, and with the leftover money I can spend on any other mods I may need to power the speakers properly).

If anyone knows anything about this, or how it will work out, and what I will need in order for this to work properly, please let me know!

Thanks so much

·
Registered
60 Posts
i hate to say, but anything you buy for 30 bucks isnt gonna give you much, if any sound quality improvement over the stocks. if it did we would all be running 30 dollar sets of speakers

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright, well then, since that's the case...

What are some decent speakers that really improve the sound quality over the stock ones?

I was considering JBL or MTX, since they are both great speaker companies and at times, when they are on sale, reach very low prices.

The ones I was looking at were

MTX XThunder XT603
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pr...665000FS10096892&catid=11043&logon=&langid=EN

JBL GT5-652
http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0926INGFS10100537&catid=20114

As much as I would love to get my hands on two sets of Infinity Kappas, I do not have the money, therefore these will have to do.

Both of them have considerably high sensitivity and efficiency, but I haven't had the time to test them out at the stores.

Anyone had any experience with them? Or should I stay away from them?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Honestly I dont think upgrading the speakers is going to be worth it enless you are going to get more getting power to them (aftermarket amp. The speakers in my 07 with factory amp are decent enought I am not touching them until i get around to installing my amps, then I will replace them with something that can handle/is designed for more power. As you go up in speaker quality you go up in requirements to power them properly, you know, the whole "input ouput" thing.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
put some infinity kappa 6.5's in there. they are one of the deepest speakers you will fit without having to cut and you can get them on ebay for about what theose jbl's are on bby but they are a few knotches up. jbl and infinity are both made by harmon so they are both good speakers but the kappas have a 0dB and -3dB setting on them so you can actually attenuate the tweeter seperatly from the rest of the speaker in addition to it having a built on crossover network. i just paid like 75 bucks for mine shipped on there. search infinity kappa 6.5 and you will find plenty.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mm, too bad my mom won't let me add a new HU and an amp, since it's not my car, she sort of "leased" it to me:D

So yea, I'm trying to find the best sound possible while still using the stock HU without breaking my bank.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts