Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the Thule square Load Bars and the Curt basket based off a few threads here. After installing it, it seems like it sits higher than most. Is this right? What do you all think? It bothers me a bit but i don't know what I could do about it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Yeah, I think your choice of roof rack is boosting the basket up high. Between the towers and bars. If you're intent on keeping the basket, I'd try to locate an OEM rack.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just about aesthetics. They're are baskets that fit between the bars? Know of any brands I can look up?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Never have seen one quite that high. Should do the job unless it to high to park in your home's garage. Also in your profile, you have your Element listed as an MT. All 2011 Elements were AT. 2009 was the last year for the MT.

·
Registered
2005 Honda Element EX AWD
619 Posts
You need to be a tall person to load stuff in your basket at its current height. So, yes in my opinion I think it's a bit too high.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
You need to be a tall person to load stuff in your basket at its current height. So, yes in my opinion I think it's a bit too high.
but a basket that high would also discourage unauthorized removal of stuff from the basket. <grin>

·
Registered
52 Posts
I would never have noticed unless it was pointed out, but now that you mention it, it does seem "comically" high, looks as if your E is sporting an ill-fitting toupee or tiny tophat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts