Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for a Element. Searching on the Honda site they have a special finance or lease deal for every car except the Element. Theres only two new Elements withen 75 miles of me. Is this thing already on its way out due to poor sales?

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Im looking for a Element. Searching on the Honda site they have a special finance or lease deal for every car except the Element. Theres only two new Elements withen 75 miles of me. Is this thing already on its way out due to poor sales?
Where are you?
I'm sure someone here would be willing to help a future owner out..............

·
Registered
155 Posts
that's hard to believe. if they were pushing the element out, i don't think they would have it be present in their new commercials.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im looking to get a Element to use with my pool service business. It would work better then a truck since it would keep chemicals out of the weather and trucks with caps are a pain in the ass. And to me its better then a work can because it gets better gas mileage.

But im looking in the used market. Ill only have about $2000 to put down after I sell my 06 Kia Spectra(which has been a great car) and I dont want payments over $250. So its a pretty tough thing to find. Im talking to a dealer now who has a great looking 07 AWD model for 12,500. Problem is it was hit on the left front before but its been repaired. Of course that worrisome though.

Basically I just want to be sure the Element isnt getting dropped.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Check out Apple Valley Honda in Wenatchee, WA(about 2.5 hours east of Seattle)-they have new E's. Not sure about used ones. I know they have connections with a Honda dealership in the greater Seattle area. Honda of Seattle, for example, has 5 new EX 4WD's and 1 '06 used E. E's are pretty popular around here(I'm North Central Washington). Chelan is a small town and I regularly see about 6 around, including another '08 TRP!

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
You might want to check out ebay motors.com
Any car dealer with some smarts posts thier used inventory on line at ebay motors where they can market nationally instead of just locally.
Right now there are 48 used Elements listed on Ebay
They will arrange shipping anywhere. (fee)

Per year - Ebay motors sells more pre owned vehicles than all the car dealership in the country combined.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
I don't think they are dying as much as the car has become somewhat of "matter of taste". They had one at the dealer (EX with Nav) and I had to request to detour an SC their way. It might take awhile, but you would get what you wanted.

I also looked at autotrader.com alot to see what popped up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
the element is very much alive! i was looking for a used green one for about 3 years and was able to come across one. it took forever! they don't produce as many of them as they do civics or accords, but the elements that they do sell, people hold on to them and rarely trade them in. and the vehicle is less popular in non coastal states. i live in FL and alot of people have them so when they get new ones on the lot, they sell fast, and coming across a used one is rare. but im glad that i finally found it. i love my E!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Stock does seem to be low. The dealer we bought from on Friday had six on the lot. I checked three other Honda dealers in the Indianapolis area and two of them had four Elements on their lot and one only had two.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'd suggest watching autotrader.com. Before I bought mine last month I kept an eye on autotrader until i found what I wanted for the price I wanted.

Quality used E's can be hard to come by so you want to jump on a good deal quick. That being said, do your research and don't settle for something that isn't exactly what you want. You can also use E's similar to what you want to help you negotiate a price. Many dealerships will match prices for cars that are very similar.

The dealership I got mine from had just bought it from another dealership out of state. We worked out a price before they even had the E on the lot (dependant on the actual condition of course ;-)). I just sent them the link to a nearly identical E in the area and they matched the price ($2000 less!). It was a great way to do business.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts