Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELLO EVERYONE, IM ANOTHER NON 20 SOMETHING WHO IS BUYING AN ELEMENT. HAS ANYBODY TAKEN THEIR ELEMENT OFFROAD YET? I KNOW ITS LACKING GROUND CLEARENCE AS WELL AS A GRANNY GEAR BUT IM SURE IT SHOULD BE ABLE TO TREAD IN SOME MORE MILD AREAS. IT REALLY NEEDED THE RIDE HEIGHT OF THE CRV.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Almondog,

I have not taken my Element off road. From what I have read, it was not inteneded for real off road trekking. Even with the 4WD.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
i also would not go off-roading in this vehicle it is too low to the ground and the under body would take one hell of a beating.. it really is meant to haul the gear to go out and play rough, they hose out the mess afterwards, and also as a sleep in vehicle..

i do like the 4wd though it is nice just for the extra grip on windy up and down roads!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I live in "off road" country. Here we have dirt logging roads that go for ever. I have taken mine up in the hills on these roads and the E is just fine. Mud and snow did not slow me down, but these roads are fine for most cars if they are dry. Jeep roads, as we call them, are something else. These head straight up a big hill or down a mountain. These require low gear 4 wheel drive, a roll bar and a lot of luck. I would not take my Element on those. But mountain logging roads are just fine for my Element.

Joan
http://www.eburg.com/~jneslund/matt/Honda_Element/

·
Registered
608 Posts
That is good news, now we know if we have to go a bit off road, we are ok. Thanks for letting the rest of us know.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
i guess to me the windiny steep dirt roads are still roads to me.. when i think and refer to off-road I mean OFF ROAD, where there are rocks, and things that could do some serious damage to your vehicle if it is not up to the challenge.

·
Registered
55 Posts
[quote:0174c9a6a1="RML"]That is good news, now we know if we have to go a bit off road, we are ok. Thanks for letting the rest of us know.[/quote:0174c9a6a1]NYC dun got much off road. But we do get some snow tho...like this dam weekend!!!! I am waiting for my woman to come back from her business trip to check out the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts