Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at purchasing an Airstream Basecamp, so that I can haul my motorcycle with me. Thinking the Element might make a great tow vehicle, but found this morning that the recommended towing weight is only 1500 pounds. The base camp has a dry weight of 1965, plus my bike is 575, and provisions, water, camping gear, etc,...total weight could be approaching 2800 pounds. Wondering if the All Wheel Drive Element might have a higher towing capacity?

Brian in Austin

·
12,178 Posts
Welcome to the EOC.

Towing capacity is the same for all models.

We don't have all wheel drive. We have a part time on demand system that only operates when wheel spin is detected at the front wheels.

·
Registered
368 Posts
HI Brian, this Brian in McAllen Tx. I owned a 2015 Jayco jay flight 154bh dry weight 2500ish lbs. I had my Ridgeline out of service last year during a weekend trip, we were heading to South Padre island about 70ish miles away. I used my 04 E awd to pull it and yeah it's not a good setup. 4K rpm at 55-60 mph not including the crosswind white knuckle ride. IMO traveling over 400 miles I would stay under 1800lbs gross. Under 400 miles 2000lbs gross.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts