Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've bought two compasses and had to return both because they won't work accurately in the truck. I'm guessing it's because of all of the speakers.

Will I have to get a satellite-based, digital compass with GPS and all that jazz? Don't those cost $100+?

Any alternatives?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, thanks, so it is possible. Can someone recommend a compass (not in a radar detector) that works for them? And where to get it?

Maybe not everyone is in to compasses like me...

Thanks,
Eric

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got a PNI V550 from Buy.com about 6 months ago and it works great. Only problem is the marks left on the center dask console from the suction cups. Buy.com doesn't show that model anymore but the V700 looks similar.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I thought it may just be me having problems with a compass. I bought a cheap one from WM. It looks good but only works when it wants too. I'm wondering if mounting on the dash above the radio may be causing problems? A decent digital compass may set you back $100. Sharper image or Brookstone has them. I may buy one myself after learning my lesson with junk from WMart.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess we just have to make sure to attach to windshield, not dashboard. :eek:

·
Registered
43 Posts
I bought the same wallyworld compass.
I thought it would be cool to grind it down some and hang it from the basket material in the overhead bin. but it reads east most of the time.

Any regular non electric compases work??

·
Registered
447 Posts
Look for a model that has a calibration procedure... you install it, push a few buttons, and drive the car in a 360° circle. These models compensate for the magnetic interference profile of the inside of your vehicle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts