Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if I could use a SRI or CAI for a pre- '07 E on my intake manifold/TB project.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Simply because they never planned to make one for the 07+ E's.

The only manufacturer you will find an Intake for 07+ is Injen.

·
Registered
178 Posts
LRAO, this is typical when a product has poor sales and never meets expectations. I can count on one hand the number of people I personally know with a cold air intake on their E. Now if I changed that to an accord I can not list them all as a ton of accord owners love the cold air intakes.

·
Retired.
12,183 Posts
A 2003-2003 intake will not fit without proper modification.

The shape is different and the 2007+ E's use a MAF sensor which the prior years do not have. You can spend time and money trying to make one fit....but if it is not done properly you are going to be left staring at the CEL light on the dash. Save your money and buy the proper intake from injen and save some head aches at the same time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
AEM 21-515 Intake in 2007 SC

Hey Guys, do any of you know if the AEM 21-515 intake will fit the Canadian 2007 SC model? The intake says 03-06, but I can't visually see any changes in the engine bay on the 2007 from pictures ive looked at of the K24A8. Alternatively, if you know this does not fit, are there any other cold airs which do? I will put in a short ram from an 06+ Civic SI if I have to, but I'd rather go cold air. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
Hey Guys, do any of you know if the AEM 21-515 intake will fit the Canadian 2007 SC model? The intake says 03-06, but I can't visually see any changes in the engine bay on the 2007 from pictures ive looked at of the K24A8. Alternatively, if you know this does not fit, are there any other cold airs which do? I will put in a short ram from an 06+ Civic SI if I have to, but I'd rather go cold air. Thanks in advance.
Moved your thread into here, your answer is in here.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just wondering were is the o2 sensor is it on the stock tube or in the air box? Cause I got a 07 and I had an Idea to make my own intake using the stock tube and box just taking off the lid or drilling some holes on the lid an getting an k&n filter maybe venting out the side fender like the do on Vdubs get what I mean?

·
Retired.
12,183 Posts
Just wondering were is the o2 sensor is it on the stock tube or in the air box? Cause I got a 07 and I had an Idea to make my own intake using the stock tube and box just taking off the lid or drilling some holes on the lid an getting an k&n filter maybe venting out the side fender like the do on Vdubs get what I mean?

O2 sensors are always located in the exhaust. There is a MAF sensor on the intake tube for all 2007+ E's.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts

where the intake tube meets the airbox. the bolt on electronic device would be the MAF it is the part in question that makes older intakes not work on 07+

·
Registered
74 Posts
where the intake tube meets the airbox. the bolt on electronic device would be the MAF it is the part in question that makes older intakes not work on 07+
Ok so the MAF is in the center of the box and tube. so I keep the MAF were it is and remove the lid so that more air could get in. Along with a hi-performance filter. And maybe let's say another tube coming out the opposite side going towards the fender were a few vent strips would be cut out this should work right? since the MAF is still connected

·
Registered
74 Posts
Never mind! Today I took a good look at the stock air box and realized that my idea would never work, I'm just better off buying a aftermarket intake. I hate when you get this great idea in your head then you realize its totally wrong and won't work

1 - 12 of 12 Posts