Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was fantasizing about getting a bunch of JDM parts, but I want to see them too. Maybe even get some part numbers.

Is there an official JDM parts store? I don't car if it's in Japanese, I can use google translate. I can find the maintenance parts store, but not the rest of the parts.

I am looking for PICTURES and DIAGRAMS, not just a place to order things.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I wouldn't think there would be an official "JDM" store. Afaik, JDM refers to the Japanese Domestic Market for vehicle parts or is a vehicle that is specifically a Japanese Domestic Model. So any Japanese bike/auto parts maker or vehicle manufacturer makes JDM products. Maybe if you went to a Japanese Honda dealership, it would be considered an official JDM store? I reckon Mugen would be one as well?

http://www.mugen-power.com/english/

idk, mebbe someone else has a different take on it?

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
You want a site like this:

http://www.japanparts.com/

They have the parts diagrams from JDM Hondas, Toyotas, etc.
You can order from them, but they are NOT cheap!!!

The only problem is, they dont have the Element on their.
I haven't found a site that has the Element on it. And let me tell
you, I have searched far and wide. If you find one, let me know.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You want a site like this:

http://www.japanparts.com/

They have the parts diagrams from JDM Hondas, Toyotas, etc.
You can order from them, but they are NOT cheap!!!

The only problem is, they dont have the Element on their.
I haven't found a site that has the Element on it. And let me tell
you, I have searched far and wide. If you find one, let me know.
Aztec wins. Have you ASKED them to carry it, or if they even have access (they have to)?

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
Aztec wins. Have you ASKED them to carry it, or if they even have access (they have to)?
No, never asked. I assume that they only do high volume, very profitable cars.
The E is just to small of a market to cater to. Worldwide, Honda probably sold
more civics or accords in one year, than they sold Es TOTAL since 03!! Let me
know if you try and the response.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JDM Locking Gas Door Info?

I'm looking for some info on the JDM Locking Gas Door (NOT LOCKING GAS CAP).

I'm hoping some of the part numbers may be the same as other Hondas, and I may be able to put something together. Alternatively, if I could at least find the JDM parts diagrams, or factory service manual pages, I could at least get a good idea of how it all works and maybe make a system from scratch.

Yes, I searched the forum. No, I don't need to see the locking door joke thread again:)|). Yes, I know about Yoshi's Garage.

I'm still trying to figure out if Honda even has a Japanese parts site (like the US one). I can only find the site for maintenance parts. I'd be happy with a 3rd party site as well, just as long as I could get actual part numbers or see diagrams.

Here's what I found so far (in terms of helpful diagrams):

(from: http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.honda.co.jp%2Fmanual%2Felement%2F2003%2Feach%2Ffuell-door02%2Findex.html)

P.S. I wouldn't mind having a fuel door WITHOUT the finger 'hole' as well if anybody has info.

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
Probably a tough find, since it was discontinued as an import in Japan with the 2007 model year.
Actually, AFAIK it was only imported from 03 - 05.
The only Es I have seen in Japan that are not 03 - 05 are SC
models that were imported and are LHD.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually, AFAIK it was only imported from 03 - 05.
The only Es I have seen in Japan that are not 03 - 05 are SC
models that were imported and are LHD.
I see my threads were merged... ;P

03-05? I didn't know... "LHD"?

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LHD = Left Hand Drive, what we drive here in the US.
RHD = Right Hand Drive, what they drive in Japan.
From the 03-05 manual I linked above, it looks like the fuel door is still on the left side, so no biggie. The interior lever/release housing would be on the wrong side, but I knew that. Release location is unimportant vs. finding fitting lock mechanism (and no-finger door).

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
From the 03-05 manual I linked above, it looks like the fuel door is still on the left side, so no biggie. The interior lever/release housing would be on the wrong side, but I knew that. Release location is unimportant vs. finding fitting lock mechanism (and no-finger door).
I was only commenting on the fact that the only Es in Japan that are not
03 - 05 are LHD Es imported from the North America. I was not commenting
on what you are trying or not trying to do. Im all for JDM!!!

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
You can order individual JDM Element parts from Japan, but as Rolie said it's expensive. I'm waiting for that exact Fuel Lid Door, and the Japanese Element JDM front fenders to come from Japan. Besides the higher cost for parts since the earthquake and tsunami, there is a 5% middleman man fee, and shipping coast to the US. I paid over $500 to get two JDM fenders and a Fuel Lid Door that were originally made in Marysville, Ohio.

Chief

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You can order individual JDM Element parts from Japan, but as Rolie said it's expensive. I'm waiting for that exact Fuel Lid Door, there is a 5% middleman man fee, and shipping coast to the US.

Chief
Hey Chief,

1. Who did you order through?
2. How did you find the part numbers?
3. You ordered the locking door parts, or just the plastic outer 'no-finger' door? i.e. are you working on a locking solution too?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Hey Chief,

1. Who did you order through?
2. How did you find the part numbers?
3. You ordered the locking door parts, or just the plastic outer 'no-finger' door? i.e. are you working on a locking solution too?

Thanks
Scott...I didn't order the lock because I am using the inner mechanism from a billet gas lid door. Mine will be push to open and push to close. I already have an ignition key coded locking gas cap so that's enough for me. Mr. Ikeda likes for you to supply American Honda OEM part numbers, or pictures of what you're trying to order from him, which you have. Then he finds the JDM part number, and orders your part directly from Honda in Japan. I've ordered different parts from him for over five years now, so I can definitely tell you that he is honest and very reputable.

Chief

Yoshi.taka Ikeda
[email protected]
J's Garage Export Co., Ltd.
1602-8 Tomitsuka-cho Naka-ku
Hamamatsu-shi Shizuoka-ken Japan 432-8002
www.j-garage.com

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I didn't order the lock because I am using the inner mechanism from a billet gas lid door. Mine will be push to open and push to close. I already have an ignition key coded locking gas cap so that's enough for me. Mr. Ikeda likes for you to supply American Honda OEM part numbers, or pictures of what you're trying to order from him, which you have. Then he finds the JDM part number, and orders your part directly from Honda in Japan. I've ordered different parts from him for over five years now, so I can definitely tell you that he is honest and very reputable.

Chief
This week my tank got broken into in front of my house despite the locking cap (sadly, so easy to bypass), and having to stand in traffic to do it. I was looking to add another layer of deterrent with a locking door as well. I know the gas can always be stolen, but I'll still go with more deterrent. I know I can also put a crappy lock in the current door, but that's no fun.

I have no problem with Ikeda. I just want to figure things out first, and don't want to waste his time while doing it.

If money was not an issue, I would try to order the whole Element locking/release fuel door system. However, I'm guessing SOME of the parts may be used in other Hondas that I can order here (US) for a fraction of the price (why I want the part numbers). Also, some of the parts may not be needed at all (LHD vs. RHD fit), which is why I want some more diagrams. If I had a Jap Factory Service manual, my GUESS is that I would see that I only need outer plastic door lid, and maybe the metal fuel door.

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
This week my tank got broken into in front of my house despite the locking cap (sadly, so easy to bypass), and having to stand in traffic to do it. I was looking to add another layer of deterrent with a locking door as well. I know the gas can always be stolen, but I'll still go with more deterrent. I know I can also put a crappy lock in the current door, but that's no fun.

I have no problem with Ikeda. I just want to figure things out first, and don't want to waste his time while doing it.

If money was not an issue, I would try to order the whole Element locking/release fuel door system. However, I'm guessing SOME of the parts may be used in other Hondas that I can order here (US) for a fraction of the price (why I want the part numbers). Also, some of the parts may not be needed at all (LHD vs. RHD fit), which is why I want some more diagrams. If I had a Jap Factory Service manual, my GUESS is that I would see that I only need outer plastic door lid, and maybe the metal fuel door.

Thoughts?
From what I understand about the Japanese Fuel Door Lid is that it operates on cable exactly like the American Honda Accords, Civics, and the CRV's. So it's a locking door per say, but if I really wanted your gas, I could force it open with a flat head screwdriver. I don't think it will offer the sure fire protection that you're looking for. Just saying! :|

Chief

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)

Thoughts?
From what I understand about the Japanese Fuel Door Lid is that it operates on cable exactly like the American Honda Accords, Civics, and the CRV's. So it's a locking door per say, but if I really wanted your gas, I could force it open with a flat head screwdriver. I don't think it will offer the sure fire protection that you're looking for. Just saying! :|

Chief
Man. I think you are reading too fast. (see bold above)

I was looking for thoughts on the parts/part no.s/diagrams... I'm still just ASSUMING that whatever lock mechanism it is will be installable on my E, assuming it's just a cable, etc.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I was fantasizing about getting a bunch of JDM parts, but I want to see them too. Maybe even get some part numbers.

Is there an official JDM parts store?

Are there any major part differences, did the Japanese market get anything that different then what we have? The only things I can think of off hand would be the cluster and side markers in the fenders.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts