Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hEY GUYs!

My grandparents went on vacation with my parents this weekend and they drove down thier element and left it here at our place for the weekend.

I want to clean it up for them beacuse it is always outside, and i dont think its been waxed once since 2005 when they bought it!

Anyway my main question is, what is best to use to protect all the rubber vinyl padding stuff on the side and the roof? I know that wax isn't really a good idea. I think armor-all would make it worse too!

Any ideas?

Also again the thing is in the florida sun 24/7 as they do not have a garage. and the plastic on the roof is fading.

Is there any techinques or products that I could use to help restore some life in to it?

PLEASE help ASAP. They'll be back on Monday, and I only have this weekend to buy whateer products I need and do all the work.

Pics of the oxidation/sun damage to the roof:

Also if replacing these are my only option, does anyone know what the part numbers are from honda, and how hard they are to get to to replace?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Since you've seen the thread then I don't have to tell ya again, but I think the foreverblack should be used first, to restore the plastic back to black, then put a coat of the 303 or back to black to provide protection...

it may take a few coats of the foreverblack...

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Since you've seen the thread then I don't have to tell ya again, but I think the foreverblack should be used first, to restore the plastic back to black, then put a coat of the 303 or back to black to provide protection...

it may take a few coats of the foreverblack...
IIRC the 303 will negate the forever black's adhesion. The 303 will penetrate thru the Forever Black and sort of "force" it out. I think the forever black would work since there's never been any protectant on the panels. I have done the forever black and have had pretty lousy results. But give it a shot. Worse that could happen is the panels stay black for a few months before the forever black wears off.

·
Registered
143 Posts

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I used the forever black to change my grey panels to black...

And yes, I need to reapply it once a year....
during the year I just use back to black t keep the plastic protected...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hmm all the products sound good.

I like (and I know my grandparents would like ) the idea of turning the gray to a more black color

the 303 looks good but if its going to basically pull up all the forever black thats not the way I wanna go.

I use black wow now, but that kinda just makes stuff shiny, doesn't really restore color.

I dont know which to use... my primary goals in order:

1. Get them back to at least thier original color
2. Maintenance on them every few months, not every wash cuz I know my grandparents wont do it, and it'll sit like that till I have the time to come up there and reapply for them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts