Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received an internet price quote from a local dealer - is this in line with what I should be paying??

It is $19,888 for a 4wd EX model and includes destination, advertising, handlining, prep and gas fees (including a full tank :) ). It sounds good considering some are paying MSRP, but I really don't know the dealer invoice cost. This is from a dealer in an outlying area of So. Cal. known for discount pricing - is this discount pricing?

·
Registered
11 Posts
You can always go to www.kbb.com to find out the invoice price of the element. Personally I wouldn't pay more than $100 over invoice. If you threaten to walk out, the salesman will probably go down even more. It usually all depends on how high the demand is in your area for the element, and how many they have in stock. Don't worry about the salesman not making much of a commission, we still get spiffs, bonuses, etc. A deal at cost is better than no deal at all. If you want to save even more money as far as accessories, I would look at the handaaccessories.com website before I bought anything from the dealer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is not an endorsement as I have no experience with this dealer other than receiving the internet quote - it is with Rock Honda out in Fontana.
I will see if I can widdle it down some more because as it stands it is ~$600 over invoice not including dealer incentives or holdbacks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Pete -
Have you looked at Honda of Pasadena? I got a quote $18210 for a 2wd EX manual through their website which I thought was pretty reasonable. They claim they won't be undersold by anyone - maybe we can test that!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts