Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Honda dealer is offering a 2wd ex SOP Auto 'E' for 19,100.00 plus tax and regular fees. Is this a good deal. By reading the boards, this is an average deal. Should I go ahead??? I guess I am just looking for some reassurance... thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I got mine for $800 under MSRP, and a 3.99% APR... Keep searching, and try search things like Autobytel, etc. You can get a better deal if you work at it...

·
Registered
448 Posts
Low ball em!!! You have nothing to lose. Thats what I did and I got mine for $18,700. If he wants to sell cars they should bend over backwards for the customer. Good luck!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Splice,
If anybody within a 100mi radius of where I write this would've had the vehicle you describe in stock for the price you quote, I'dve bought it. The fact that you've got folks in your area stating that the model and price are just average shows just how regional this all is. It baffles me, that here in the Am. SE, where snow is a reason for work and school to be shut down, that the only E's being widely stocked and sold are AWD, whereas in Chicagoland, where snow and nasty weather is a definite reality for much of the year, 2WD autos are in stock and apparently selling at many dealerships. Go figure. I simply don't get the SE fascination with 4WD or even AWD in vehicles that will likely never or at least rarely use it. None-the-less, I did just get my first AWD in the SOP EX Element that I picked up yesterday. If I could've gotten it in 2WD without an unreasonable wait and surcharge, then I would've.

Is your deal a good one? Well, only you can answer that. What do you really want and need? Don't let worries about saving the 'n'th percent on the initial deal distract you from simply diving in. In the long wash, things tend to even out, anyway. It took me a very , very long time to come to that conclusion about car and home sales. It's easy to fret about "getting the best deal" or "getting the maximum possible discount". At one point, when researching another vehicle, I realized that I'd spent over 100hrs online trying to figure out how to save about $420. Is my time worth 4 bucks an hour? I'd like to think it's worth a good bit more than that.

Find a deal and a dealer that you're comfortable with and go for it. There will ALWAYS be folks who "got it for less". But you know what? There will always be folks who paid more and didn't even realize it. Find a level that will make you happy and never look back. ;-)

·
Registered
338 Posts
You can go for more (lower), but I'm surprised some dealers are selling under MSRP. I've seen waiting lists up and down the East coast for MSRP...

·
Registered
55 Posts
For me it was if the dealer earned my business or not. If you like then and its a "fair" price -GO FOR IT! your missing out on all the fun of being an E owner!

·
Registered
155 Posts
I think natural wonder is pretty much right on - it's useful to know what deals MIGHT be possible, but in the end it's whether you find a dealer you like and can work with, and whether the deal they offer you feels right and fair and can get you the vehicle you want. I'm not saying don't haggle, but by the time you work out the difference in payments, saving yourself a couple of hundred is maybe far less significant than finding a dealer you feel you can trust and who is good to work with.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was at the dealership for 5 hours test driving and researching inventory. I wanted a Silver 2WD EX 5-Speed. Per the salesman, Honda doesn't think that combination will sell, so they don't make many. I was ready to walk, holding out for exactly what I wanted. Then they offerd me the auto for the price of the standard. Cool. Then they STEEPLY discounted the 4wd because that's all they had on the lot. Nooooo problem.

I drove home My Silver EX 4WD Auto for 18K and change, including the pre-paid maintenance service plan (which itself really is a good value as it totally covers wear items - hoses, fluids, belts, etc...).

I like Autos better anyway for my daily drivers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
WOW... Thank you all for your input. I think you are right on natural wonder... I have been searching for the best price now for about 2 months and am always looking for a better deal.

And Spike?!?!?! What were your credit scores??? Man, I have a 692 score (not great, but not bad either) and they were offering me 6.99... If it is that high, I don't think i will buy from them for sure. I want at least a 4.99, but they said I have to have at least a 700 credit score... man, only 8 pts. off and they take off 5 pts. every time someone runs a credit report on you.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Splice are you sure about your score?

I think the highest score you can get is 700. Anything over 620 is considered excellent credit. I could be wrong :roll:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Go with a dealer that you trust and a salesman that puts you at ease....we were quoted prices all over the spectrum for our E....we did end up going with the lowest price....but it was also the most helpful and friendly dealership that we dealt with. We were shopping for our E for about 3 weeks...comparing prices, models, options, looking at other cars and SUVs....and our salesman was so pacient and not even once did he come off as pushy. Also the General Manager of the dealership we bought from was a very pleasant woman...who talked to us for about an hour while our E was being detailed.

I have no doubts that we bought our E for the right price and from the right dealership. I know that their are parts of the country where their our waiting lists for the E....while that is not the case here in St. Louis....I advise anyone not to feel rushed or pressured about buying any car. It is after all a huge investment and one should feel comfortable in their final decision.

Diane

·
Registered
20 Posts
[quote:9e28a1e5c7="Element"]Splice are you sure about your score?

I think the highest score you can get is 700. Anything over 620 is considered excellent credit. I could be wrong :roll:[/quote:9e28a1e5c7]

Splice, It must go higher than that because my dealer said my credit was excellent....a score of 724.

Rycam

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bought my 4WD EX Automatic for $700 under MSRP....a good deal considering some dealerships in this area are selling them with a $1000 dealer mark-up on the sticker.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts