Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has now been five and one-half weeks since I ordered my "E". My conversation with the dealer today was to the effect that my "E" is being built "sometime" in April. As a consolation they are offering me the use of one of their vehicles in the period between the end of my current vehicle's lease and my "E" being delivered to me.

I am astounded that after this time, Honda can not provide me any better than sometime in April for the vehicle to be built, let alone delivered to me!!!

Fortunately, I have a client whose wife works at Honda Canada - he has promised me some help in hunting down a EX (Y-Series) 2WD 5-speed.

This curbing my enthusiasm, if not completely destoying it. :evil:

Iskie

·
Registered
335 Posts
I know how you feel Iskie. I special ordered my 1996 GMC Sonoma in December of 1995 expecting a March 1, 1996 delivery. But wouldn't you know it, GM workers went on strike in February! The whole time I imagined my half-built pickup sitting on the line in some dark factory only needing a piece or two to be completed and ready to roll off the line.

Of course the strike only lasted 3 weeks, but I had to wait 8 additional weeks before I took delivery. The part that got my blood boiling was that I could not get my $500 deposit back! The broker told me that I was free to cancel my order, but the deposit was not refundable. It would have cost me more to pursue legal action than to take the hit or wait it out, so I waited. When it finally came, I was very happy.

I still like my pickup, but I'm ready for something new. Plus the used Sidekick I bought last March isn't living up to my expectations. So hang in there Iskie, good things come to those who wait!

·
Registered
352 Posts
I know it's easy for me to say, but be patient Iskie - really good things come to those that wait.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Iskie,
Why dont you take a little trip to FL. I will find ya one down here.
(Ya know you are SICK AND TIRED of all the snow/cold/slush, EH?

shaka 47AG107 8)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts