Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I skreeeeetched to a halt at the local Honda dealer when I saw the new Elements sitting out front. "What the heck is that?" I asked my friend.

So with a dirty, muddy dog still in the back of my FULLY carpeted 1987 Maxima wagon, and mud covering my friend and I (just returning from an hour of romp and play at the local, snowy, muddy dog park) we stopped to take a look.

I sat in it, oh my God, the seat fits my wide butt! I looked in the back, did you see all the passenger leg room! I made my friend sit in it, she can't see over the dash (she's 4'11"). Well THAT doesn't matter, It's MY car!

Anyway here's a question: does the seat adjust UP so my short friend can drive us home after too many road frosties?

Here's an observation: From all I've read and heard, this vehicle was designed for the 20 something crowd. I've noticed from the pictures I've seen on this board that a lot of you (and, I will admit me as well) seem to be more from the 40 something crowd. Is this true? Are you still happy to delay a little well earned luxury to own this SUV?

It seems like a very well put together vehicle. I've yet to test drive it, but will do so this week. I've never owned a Honda, but know lots of Honda loyalists. Were most of you previous Honda owners?

Thanks in advance for you thoughts,
millarky

·
Registered
608 Posts
Millarky,

Glad you found us. If you check back on some of the comments you will find that quite a few of us are in our 30's, 40's and 50's.

The Element front driver's seat does go up and down. It is a knob adjustment on the left side (as you are seated). I am sure that your friend can adjust it up and see over the dash. :lol:

Trust me, the Element is worth the wait

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
First Welcome, you are a trip.. you had me dying of laughter, thank you.

Yeah seems a good lot of us are around the 40-something zone ish! And most of us are dog/animal lovers.. seems to be a good connection here. Perhaps the marketing could be for the 40-something dog lover!

the drivers seat does adjust up in height.. Also, if your friend is a passenger & wants to see the road when you are driving, your friend can sit in the back it has the theatre seating so it is higher back there!

Seems we have alot of people who were not Honda owners joining the honda crowd now, due to the (long awaited) cool styling of the Element.. it is unique (at long last) and that is something Honda did not have. Honda has had the extremely reliable, dependable.. yet boring and not head-turner cars.. sooo at last, at long last we have VW, GM, Ford Motor and more joining this happy family!

I am a devoted Honda Lover, with good reason. I have an Integra I had a Prelude.. now I have the Element which is a dream to drive, sooo comfy, soo smooth, turning is awesome.. just fantastic.. so i hope you go for it, and welcome!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just took delivery of my new Element (Eternal Blue) last Friday & every time I drive it people stop & stare. Maybe that's because in Canada the dealers are only receiving 3 or 4 per month & it's only February but this is a great looking vehicle. Now I must admit I'm not either of the 2 guys shown in the commercials on TV. I too am in my 40's but do have teenagers who think it's kweel to drive in Dad's car again. I haven't had this much attention since I drove my orange VW rabbit in 1976. The sound system is awesome & my "Enter the Haggis" live CD sounds like I'm at the gig. On the weekend I was stopped at a light when a dressed up Hummer pulls along side & gives me the thumbs up. I guess the Honda Element has arrived.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We picked up our Eternal Blue Element on 1/24 and have been very happy with it.

I too am no longer anywhere near the twenty-something crowd Honda thought they were targetting. I am in the 40 ish crowd and wanted something I could take skiing, let the kids use, and generally not worry about it.

We use to own VWs and the occasional American vehicle. As of now we have three Hondas and the Acura MDX in the family. They are reliable, interesting and affordable. What more could you want?

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Wow two more blues.. and a Hummer thumbs up.. ahh satisfaction it is ours.. Yeah!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts