Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to start a post about the small thinks that you like about your Element. Here are a few of mine.

1. The sound when you shut the doors. I don't know why but I love the solid sound when I slam the doors shut. The sound is better than any care I have owned.

2. The slot at the bottom of the steeriing wheel where my hand fits perfectly. This may have been made just for me by Honda, my son says that my hand is small, but the fit is perfect.

3. All of the controls are so well thought out and yet so simple. This is my first Honda and they may have done this in all their cars but as soon as I sat in the car every control - wipers, heat, radio, lights, etc... all were easy to use and placed just where it seem to work for me.

4. Now this is not small, but my ABS brakes are awsome. I have had to make a couple of quick stops, quick enough for the seat belt to lock up and the brakes are so smooth and gentle. I felt like I could have stopped ten times as fast and still been safe.

So tell me what small stuff you like in your E?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Since jnes is crossposting, I will too! :D

1. No squeaks or rattles. No noise other than wind, road, and 270 watts of bass-drenched auditory goodness.

2. Backseat visibility. I don't think any other car has this, period. The view out the front is nearly unobstructed.

3. Reclinable backseats. They're probably reclinable because of the flip-up design, but most SUV seats fold forward... which isn't too comfy!

4. 16" Tires. The Element could defintely live with 15-inchers... but would it really want to? I'm glad Honda went the extra mile on this one.

5. Cleanly laid out engine bay. I can find everything I need to get to in a second. I can get to everything I need to get to in three.

6. Stub nose. I think the shortness of the E's engine bay (and overal shortness!) really appeals to me. When a thing that small can make that much power, it colors me impressed.

7. Dash compartment for my garage door opener. The little cubbie just underneath the ignition fits my liftmaster garage door remote PERFECTLY!

Ahh... I love me E. :D

·
Registered
109 Posts
5. Getting into it and feeling like no matter what I need to reach for, its right there, whether I hate the song on the radio or I need to turn up the heat, every knob is within reach. Even my coffee has a home nearby!

4. Going to the store and knowing whatever I buy, its gonna fit!

3. The lack of outside noise is a bonus, my last car didn't keep out any sound, and cranking up the radio puts me in another place altogether.

2. The tinted windows and the blue hue of my dash are just the coolest!

1. EVERYBODY stares at it in complete and utter AWE!!!!! :twisted:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yea I like the fact that everyone looks at you when you drive by. I cleared out a fastfood place the other day. The workers and everyone else came out to look.

·
Registered
69 Posts
the shelf in the dash. i forget that it's not in all cars and that i've never had it before. when i'm in another car, i realize how cool it is.

also, i've been reduced to driving a Chevy Malibu the last few days (long story), and i absolutely hate the way that car is laid out -- dials, knobs, etc. makes me appreciate the E even more in that respect....

·
Registered
19 Posts
1.My kids don't fight over who is going to sit in the front seat anymore. They both prefer to sit in the back seat.

2.I have not once said "quit kicking the back of my seat!"

3.When you set the parking brake you don't hear that ratcheting sound.

4.Compared to what I had before (98 Dodge Ram Truck), the short turning radius.

5. 4 wheel disc brakes. (that will save a few bucks when the time comes to change them out.)

·
Registered
80 Posts
The Gear Shifter. I love where it is. So easy.
Rear Power Outlet. I use it more than the one in the dash
Enough power to feed that urge, could have been a little more but it will
do.

Nate

·
Registered
43 Posts
I like the storage compartment above my head. I love where the shifter is, and all the gages are perfect. I like my little armrest, but think I'm going to get the bigger one.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Hey, my wife and I spent a little time this afternoon just bopping around town and found that the little overhead compartment is just the right size for our digital camera and two pairs of sunglasses - and even a little space leftover for my MP3 player when it's not in use.

·
Registered
13 Posts
1. I love that I can easily climb into the back and not feel claustrophobic when the baby is crying.

2. I love it that my husband and daughter forget -- can you believe it? --that there's an overhead storage compartment and my candy stays safe.

3. I love THE CUPHOLDERS! There's so MANY!!!!! It's a happy...

·
Registered
153 Posts
stenochick, that may have set the record for the most time between posts...more than 33 months if my quick math is right...

i'd have to second the shifter, i love where it is

oh, and the 'cool factor' of the suicide doors...they have been cumbersome at times, and have been quite usefull at times, but they always are "COOL" (and fun:))

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
We like the easy in and out,( big doors ) fast and easy storage of boxes, bags ( as in GOLF) and you still have room for the foursom. Nice

·
Registered
46 Posts
Don"t forget the interior light that stays on for several minutes, then slowly fades out. Or the sunvisors with the extensions. Or the 2 odometers. (hey, I came from a 91 VW, this is all cool stuff to me)

·
Registered
145 Posts
1. I love the utility of it. Waterproof, stain resistant seats and a wipe off floor. It's like a car from the 60 and 70's before they started using carpets and cheap cloth seat covers on everything.

2. I love that it looks funky.

3. The size is perfect for me. It's big enough that I can take the family and the dog and some crap in the back but small enough to park easily just about anywhere.

4. The over head storage.

5. I'm with Nate, the stick shift feels just right.

6. Its the first car in a very long time with, for lack of a better term - soul. It's the same kind of soul that the VW bug or Micro Bus had in the 60's. It doesn't try to be more or less than it is. It's not a show horse to anyone but another E owner. Since you own one, you probably know what I am talking about. When I was shopping, I couldn't find another car even remotely like it, and I liked that.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
1. The turning radius is a hoot. I've become the King of the U turn. I sometimes make U turns just for the heck of it. Mrs. IRV does not always approve of this, as in "Your going the wrong way". "No problem." Ueee.:)

2. I really like the design of the tailgate / hatch doors. I can't remember bumping my head when loading through the hatch, for heavery or bulkier stuff use the gate, no swinging door. This design just works right for me.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
I second the sunvisor extensions. when I test drove my E and the salesman pointed them out-- they got me, even though it was love at first sight, the extensions sealed the deal!!!:) :)

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I really like the rear tailgate. If you pay attention next time out on the road. Look and see how many SUVs have 2 side by side rear doors.

Tailgate for easy loading and taking a load off my feet sometimes. The E" is Fantastic in a big way and small ways!:)

·
Registered
163 Posts
I like the fact that after owning the Element for 10 months now, I would still buy it over again.

It actually does everything I bought it for, and nothing else on the market does.

Everytime I look at Consumer Reports, I try to look for something that can compare, just for the fun of it.

I try to find something that is as good or better when it comes to price, value, dependability, resale value, utility. looks and fun factor, including this website forum.

Haven't found anything yet.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts