Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What were they thinking when they designed this to only seat four. I don't know about the rest of you, but if you're married and have a kid you can only tow one friend or family guest along anywhere... I don't get the thinking behind this... instead they put in a cup holder.

·
Registered
249 Posts
According to the Commercials on TV, it seems the EL was designed for College Kids.
though if you look at the "age rollcall" on this site you'll find anything but college kids are buying this car. I'm 43 :D

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
in order to have the neat flip up seats it really would not work with having the back as a 3 seater.. otherwise someone would be sitting on a dividing line.. not comfy.. i recall the days of my father's coupe.. that had the "hump" in the back center. i always got that darn hump..

perhaps down the road they might make an expanded version, who knows...

but overall it was not "intended" for people with kids, it was "intended" for kids..

·
Registered
2 Posts
I love the fact that my car will not be the "town taxi"....
I have 1 daughter who is five, 1 baby on the way and a husband who is 6ft-2in. We love the car and are looking forward to our first road-trip!
The two tether straps are ideal for the car seats and hopping in and out of the car is a breeze. It's funny because when I first read about the car I heard that it was being marketed towards Gen - Y, college students, etc. But I too, am finding that alot of small families who want more space than a sedan/station wagon but don't want or need a minivan are lovin the Element. Plus you can't beat the headroom/legroom. My husband has a Ford Explorer and my Element has more headroom than his SUV!

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
thehoeys: welcome, welcome.. and we have another family crew with the Element.. how cool.. yeah I think the other perfect family feature is that cleanability.. they need to make minivans like that!

ENJOY!!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Yes, we have 5 dogs that my husband and I show and weight pull- this vehicle is perfect! No worries about mud or dog hair on the carpet! If you have a dog and had hair on your vehicle's carpet, you know that that has to be the hardest stuff to get out! And this is the first vehicle that I will let my daughter eat and drink in!

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
[quote:ee24b110bb="burnt-O"]Yes, we have 5 dogs that my husband and I show and weight pull- this vehicle is perfect! No worries about mud or dog hair on the carpet! If you have a dog and had hair on your vehicle's carpet, you know that that has to be the hardest stuff to get out! And this is the first vehicle that I will let my daughter eat and drink in![/quote:ee24b110bb]

all i can say to that is :D (I sooo agree!)

·
Registered
9 Posts
One of the main reasons I bought the Element was for the amazing head room. My husband will not fit in most cars. The first time he got in he noticed he could finally wear a cowboy hat! I'm over 6' tall and could use just a little bit more leg room another 2 inches would have made the Element completely perfect. But I can scrunch my leg better than he can scrunch his neck! The leg room and ride from the back seats is simply put amazing! I rode back there once and did not get nauseated like I do in the rear of many SUV's and Vans. The ability to see where you are going even from the rear seat is very nice also. After raising 5 kids, I want a roomy vehicle to camp and tote "stuff" with, not another MomMobile. :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts