Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Concerned about ride harshness. I like the tight feel of the car on the road but any surface imperfection is instantly translated to the occupants of the car. I've noted some variability in postings on stiffness between vehicles.

Is this something that can be modified? I've driven trucks with a much smoother ride. I'm not looking for a crown vic cushiness, but there is more jarring than I expected.

Any thoughts on source of variability. Shocks, Tires, suspension elements?

What can I do to soften it a bit?

Love all the other aspects of the car. I understood it to be based on the CRV, but the CRV is MUCH softer.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Check my thoughts on this under Shoppin and test driving. Stiffness / check tires on vehicle. May be different on some Elements. Just a thought.
I noticed bumpiness and harsh ride for the first time last night on a demo ride. Other Elements I had drivin were not like this one.

LittleDogBox
Arlington, Va.

·
Registered
91 Posts
[quote:1d76d9c423="LittleDogBox"]Check my thoughts on this under Shoppin and test driving. Stiffness / check tires on vehicle. May be different on some Elements. Just a thought.
I noticed bumpiness and harsh ride for the first time last night on a demo ride. Other Elements I had drivin were not like this one.

LittleDogBox
Arlington, Va.[/quote:1d76d9c423]

Cause the CRV is a wussey car

·
Registered
311 Posts
I definitely don't want a CRV, just hate the looks of it. Yeccccch !
However I would just like to test drive one for comparisons sake to the Element to see what others are talking about. Anyone here have thoughts about their experience if they have done so ?

LittleDogBox
Arlington, Va.

·
Registered
13 Posts
[quote:ce2d10254a="LittleDogBox"]I definitely don't want a CRV, just hate the looks of it. Yeccccch !
However I would just like to test drive one for comparisons sake to the Element to see what others are talking about. Anyone here have thoughts about their experience if they have done so ?

LittleDogBox
Arlington, Va.[/quote:ce2d10254a]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts