Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My beautiful GG Y 5SPD is in the laneway :D Spent the evening driving around and getting lots of stares. From order to delivery went exactly on schedule. The bottle of champagne in the glovebox from the dealer was a nice touch. For those of you still waiting for your E - it's worth it!! I'd like to thank everyone on the boards - I've learned so much about this vehicle - it's good to have somewhere to turn. And a special thanks to Tom and Julie. Great site - the shirts are great - wore the shirt to pick up the car (by the way Cypress Green shirt matches extremely well with the GG) and the dealer wanted me to buy some for him. :lol: Will keep all posted on my E's adventures. Hope to have some pics soon.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
First full weekend with the E! I'm in love. Someone posted that Honda should be paying them for promoting the car. I know how he feels. Shopping on Saturday and Sunday, wound up giving 6 demos to curious passersby. Very fun. I was quite impressed on the highway - I'm not sure why some people think the tire noise is obtrusive. It barely registers. The tailgate warning light stayed on for awhile - but once we hooked up the bike rack to the back the pressure must have wiggled the sensor or whatever (like I know cars :roll: ). That's off and the dome light doesn't come on anymore when it's not supposed to Love the green interior - I find it very calming and quite subtle. The shifter on the dash is great. Very comfortable to drive. I'm in love.

·
Registered
19 Posts
They're really great cars. I picked mine up Saturday, looked for excuses to drive it Sunday and made the moring commute this morning. I agree that road and wind noise on the freeway are not as bad as some would lead you to believe. I guess it comes from what you're used to. I had a 96 Ford Taurus that sounded like the windows were open, even when they were shut!

Bob

·
Registered
894 Posts
A bottle of champers fits in the glove compartment? Wow, nice dealer. Congrats.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah all the people are pretty friendly at the dealer. The champagne is a nice touch. A very nice follow up letter arrived today. So I'm out driving around tonight, tooling around the Governor General's and PMs neighbourhood. Traffic was stopped in front of 24 Sussex for some construction something or other - I'm stopped at the entrance to the property and the RCMP officer comes over and starts chatting about the E. So being the Honda salesman and total E dork that I am, I pull over and give him the full demo. He loved it. I coyly mention the back turns into a bed - he didn't pick up on that :cry: Might be another E on the road soon!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts