Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Moderatorium
6,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just made the appointment with the vet to put down our Dal on Thursday. He's 13, and the pain from his arthritis has overwhelmed the meds. He still has good moments, but they are fleeting, and most meals we approach in fear because he's in "full instincts and adrenalin" mode from the pain, teeth bared and snarling, aggressively lunging at my wife. That's not him, and, clearly, he's suffering greatly.

We'll miss you, buddy. You were one of a kind.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Mike, a big e-hug goes to you and yor wife. He looks like a very sweet pup. Just remember ALL the nice moments you have had with him! I bet there were a ton.

**hug**

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Sorry Mike:-(

He looks like a great dog.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Very sorry to hear this.

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Mike,
My thoughts go out to you and your family, this is always a difficult decision to make. I have been there and know how you feel.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Sorry to here. I wish you and your family the best through tough times. I have three dogs and as I see it, it is a hard reality but one of mine is coming to that point. Anyhow, sorry again.
John

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mike, sorry to hear about your companion Dal. It's hard, but think about the good times you all had. Thoughts and payers are with you all.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It's never easy to make the decision to end the suffering of our beloved pets...take comfort in all the wonderful years that you shared. Take care!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Nothing can ever prepare you for the loss of a pet. They are a part of the family. I'm so sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
I'm so sorry Mike

13 years is a good, long life. Glad that he won't suffer anymore.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
:-( So sorry to hear . . . we had to make a similar decision a few years back and know how heartwrenching it is! As others have said, remember all the wonderful years you had together as a family.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts