Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was an Element owner a year ago... I had a girlfriend at the time whom wasn't a big fan of the E's... I did not care until one day she went to buy a Nissan Frontier... Then sitting in front of my was the Black 350Z. Everyone needs a sportscar once in their life right? I've had it for pretty much a year now and I can't stop thinking about the Element. I wouldnt have gotten the Z had she not put 10 grand down on it. Surprisingly enough the insurance was cheaper a month. So here I am again. The spot where I was two years ago aimlessly looking at different Elements online and wishing I had one again. Anyone else ever gone through this lovely "Element Envy" I seen it posted somewhere on the forums and I was like damn... It truly does exist haha. So I'm thinking about trading my Z in for an Element. I'll be looking around online to see how the 2010's are and if that built in Navi system is decent enough. If not I was a fan of the 07 and 08 models out there. Just figured I'd share my envy story for the best vehicle in the world.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Like the song said:

You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha no we aren't still together. She got a lot of cash from an inheritance. How could ya say no ya know? And of course Hotel California gets brought up bwahaha

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have a Z and an E both- they are perfect opposites.

Due to a few inches of snow (not expected to melt for another month and a half), the Z is sleeping and the E is powering through the snow.

You gotta have both!!!!

·
Registered
6,468 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Oh man. I did the same (no $10,000 down payment for me though). Had a 2007 EX 2WD and traded it in when gas got high and bought a Civic. Regretted it for 1.5 years and bought a used 2007 EX AWD three weeks ago and love it! Element is so roomy, functional, and versatile. My envy has been corrected.

Like others have said you may need to travel to get it. I flew from KC to Louisville, KY and drove back because I got a great deal.

Good luck dude.

·
Banned
395 Posts
I traded my '05 for an '08 sti and a few wks ago (3 tomorrow!) traded that on a '10 E.
it's like hooking up with your high school girlfriend.... sorta familiar but sorta different... like she's learned a few things!;-)

·
Registered
49 Posts
I used to have a Beetle that stayed in the garage while the E was out in the weather. Sold the Beetle to get my E in the garage. We are 22"above our total snowfall for the year and it is snowing now with up to 2' more, coming. Cash in my pocket and the E in a nice heated garage. Now if I could get rid of the snow like I did the Beetle, I would be sitting pretty. Wishful thinking.........

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
I traded my '05 for an '08 sti and a few wks ago (3 tomorrow!) traded that on a '10 E.
it's like hooking up with your high school girlfriend.... sorta familiar but sorta different... like she's learned a few things!;-)

Interesting concept! Now all I have to do is start looking up my high school girlfriends! :grin:

At my age, should I start looking in antique shops?

Dom

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Interesting concept! Now all I have to do is start looking up my high school girlfriends! :grin:

At my age, should I start looking in antique shops?

Dom
Usually works better if they are still young(ish), Dom. Which in your case, they're not. LOL ;-)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts