Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back on Dec 20, I visited a dealer here in Baltimore that had one green 4WD EX on their lot. He said on the phone that it wasn't for sale but we could stop by & check it out. We did. When we got there, he said that it indeed WAS for sale but not prepared for a test drive. Um, OK. Anyway, he opened all the doors/gate/sunroof and let us give it a nice thorough once over.

Now if only we could drive one. Whenever I call a local dealer, they claim to have one on the lot that I can see. When I ask about a test drive, they claim it's either "on hold for the buyer" or inside the showroom. <sigh>

So this all makes sense, really. The dealer doesn't want to turn their sole Element into a test drive beater. I mean, who wants to buy a "new" car with 400 miles on the odo. But it's a catch 22 for us & them. I won't buy the thing until I can get behind the wheel and give it a real life drive.

Maybe in the spring... :?

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Hi there.. I am from Baltimore too! (I live in Delaware, now anyhow)...

Here they have no problem with test drives, it is free reign till it is bought and off the lot!

There are dealers in Dover, Wilmington & Newark.. you can email to see when/if they have one (they sell quick.. a guy followed one on the lot and bought it then and there) and ask about a test drive (that is not necessary just shows respect.)

Good luck!

·
Registered
68 Posts
At this dealership, we have two demos for tests and a few cars on the lot for sale, with more coming in... The ELEMENT is appreciated by all kinds of customers, not just GenY.

The #1 question that's asked:
How come only 2 seats in back? Why can't they figure out a way to do a 60-40 split bench and allow 3-across in there?

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
"This Dealership" any more clue you can offer than that?

I figured the seats were 2 and not 60/40 cause they way they lay up against the sides of the vehicle.. plus to remove a 60/40 would be more difficult.. is this correct?

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Hi.. so you are away from me, how far? What state?
I am waiting on an eternal blue ex 4wd automatic element.. i am in touch with local dealers who are very helpful, and i appreicate your offer.. it is just a matter of waiting. I also need to find a new home for a current vehicle!
Thank you again, and do find nice happy homes for your elements!

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
sorry i just noticed (and shoulda looked before) you are in Ithaca NY.. my best friend growing up was from there, but i have long lost her, we both moved way too much and lost touch.

You are a bit outta the way for me now.. though i do dream and look forward to moving to Maine or New Hamshire one day, so you might be closer then.. so who knows one day eh? (Since I am a true Honda lover, awesome vehicles truly the BEST vehicles ever)

Take care!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Here's my expierience:
I'm from Austin, TX. I test drove an element in Beaumont, TX (about 4 hours away) on vacation, while driving back from New Orleans over the holiday. Once getting back home, I decided to go ahead and buy a new element. I ran into a big problem, there was not one even in Austin or close by San Marcos to look at. To solve this dilema, I've contacted the dealership in Beaumont and will be driving there this weekend to pick my new element up! Since the Austin dealerships didn't have one in stock and we're very grim about getting me an ETA on when they would have the one I want available. Good luck to all of you on finding one / getting a test drive.
:twisted: -pdub

1 - 8 of 8 Posts