Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can buy this style cladding?

(see the lower of the two parts)

ours%26theirsCLADDING1.jpg

·
Registered
186 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
rocket dog, keep us posted on how this venture works out...I've been wanting these for some time but get overwhelmed looking at j's garage. I also have no clue about finding part #'s for that kind of stuff. My luck i'd get the gray cladding, not the dark gray. But anyway, let us know!

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
M1 1I 1K 1E said:
rocket dog, keep us posted on how this venture works out...I've been wanting these for some time but get overwhelmed looking at j's garage. I also have no clue about finding part #'s for that kind of stuff. My luck i'd get the gray cladding, not the dark gray. But anyway, let us know!
Absolutely I will. :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Rocket Dog said:
Well...to order off that site I need the part number. Hmm...
What you can do is email Yoshi at J's garage and show hime the pic you posted and even go to Majestic Honda's site and reference the US part you want and tell him to get the Japanese (JDM) equivalent. That's what I did when I needed the shifter suround for the S2000 start button mod and for the passenger door lock switch.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
clex2 said:
What you can do is email Yoshi at J's garage and show hime the pic you posted and even go to Majestic Honda's site and reference the US part you want and tell him to get the Japanese (JDM) equivalent. That's what I did when I needed the shifter suround for the S2000 start button mod and for the passenger door lock switch.

Roger that. Thanks very much.

- Ted

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rocket Dog said:
Does anyone know where I can buy this style cladding?

(see the lower of the two parts)

View attachment 27342
I wrote to J's Garage and here's the reply:

Hello, Ted * edit * san. How are you today?

Thank you for inquiry. Although we do not deal in the USA model, we can
arrange the JDM Element parts here (please see the picture) . But, it
is available only gray color... The price is 11055yen x2 = 22100yen +
shipping cost + 5% of commission. We hope that it is your help. Thank you.

If we can do anything for you or you have any questions, please don't
hesitate to let us know. We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely yours,
J's Garage Export
Yo****aka Ikeda [email protected]

So, based on today's yen rate, that's about 200 bucks including the commission charge but not shipping. I just might do it if I can figure out a way to turn the gray cladding black. Forever Black?

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
biocube said:
isn't shipping going to be $100+?
I don't know how much shipping would be but I'll find out before I buy.

Second email from them today. I asked if they would discount if there was more than one buyer? Here's their second reply:

= = = = = =
Hello, Ted * edit * san. How are you today?

Thank you for asking. Yes, that is no problem. We would be happy to 3%
off price (10723yen x2 + 2 = 42892yen + shipping cost + 5% of commission)
for you although we usually do not have discount price of the genuine
parts. We hope that it is your help.

If we can do anything for you or you have any questions, please don't
hesitate to let us know. We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely yours,
J's Garage Export
Yo****aka Ikeda [email protected]

= = = = = = =

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
M1 1I 1K 1E said:
Man, that stinks it only comes in gray....I'd be really hard to match the panels to the rest of the car with forever black
I agree. My purchase will be based in part on finding a way to make them black. Someone here posted pictures of his Element with black, Japanese style cladding. I forgot who it was but I have his pic.

1b cropped.jpg

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Since the bodies of the Element were the same in both countries, here's another option, though you would be forced to paint the panel:

The Element SC's cladding doesn't have the side marker light of the USDM Element. It's a simple flat panel, with no lights whatsoever. You could take one of those, bore out a hole, mount a light, and run your wiring. You'd have to paint it, but it's possible to match the grey to the original plastic color.

I know you'd lose the original texturing and coloring of the Element's panels, but that's the only option I can think of aside from ordering the new cladding.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Grannysmuncher said:
Since the bodies of the Element were the same in both countries, here's another option, though you would be forced to paint the panel:

The Element SC's cladding doesn't have the side marker light of the USDM Element. It's a simple flat panel, with no lights whatsoever. You could take one of those, bore out a hole, mount a light, and run your wiring. You'd have to paint it, but it's possible to match the grey to the original plastic color.

I know you'd lose the original texturing and coloring of the Element's panels, but that's the only option I can think of aside from ordering the new cladding.
You make a good point. What I'll check into is if they actually make the "Japanese Cladding" here in the US and export them? How dumb would that be of me to import something that was already made here?

You're onto something, I'll look into both the J-style cladding and an SC component. Thanks very much.

- Ted

·
Registered
258 Posts
I looked into sourcing parts for my E a few months ago. I contacted Honda US about getting RHD headlights and side panel cladding. All LHD (US) and RHD (Japanese) E's are and were made at the plant in Ohio. Though RHD versions stopped in '05.

I wanted the parts for my E as I am shipping it to the UK and need the headlights to shine the other way. I wanted the cladding just so the side markers / indicators were further back on the wing.

Though very helpful, Honda US could not help me with my quest, they even replied asking WHY anybody would want RHD headlights etc etc. I tried sourcing the parts from Japan via members of this forum and that too failed. The cost of shipping was too expensive.

I will keep my eyes on this thread as I would still like the 2 side panels especially as my SOP has grey cladding, bliss.......:)

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
beaker656 said:
I looked into sourcing parts for my E a few months ago. I contacted Honda US about getting RHD headlights and side panel cladding. All LHD (US) and RHD (Japanese) E's are and were made at the plant in Ohio. Though RHD versions stopped in '05.

I wanted the parts for my E as I am shipping it to the UK and need the headlights to shine the other way. I wanted the cladding just so the side markers / indicators were further back on the wing.

Though very helpful, Honda US could not help me with my quest, they even replied asking WHY anybody would want RHD headlights etc etc. I tried sourcing the parts from Japan via members of this forum and that too failed. The cost of shipping was too expensive.

I will keep my eyes on this thread as I would still like the 2 side panels especially as my SOP has grey cladding, bliss.......:)
It's been a long day and frankly, I'm not synapsing too well tonight. I think you said, Honda USA told you that they made the cladding for Japanese Honda's but you could not get them anymore?

If that's the case, I'll look into buying SC cladding and mod that to resemble the Japanese style.

- Ted

·
Registered
258 Posts
Basically it came down to them saying all spare parts produced had been shipped to Japan and no further parts for the RHD would be made in the US.

I suppose some parts could still be being made in any of Hondas plants in Japan to support market there.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts