Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was doing some searching on the Japanese Honda website and looking at some of the options and accessories for the E when they had it in 2005. One of the options was an automatic climate control system where you set the temperature and it could handle the fan speed and position or you could override it. BTW this whole auto feature is very common for Honda Japan to offer, you can find Auto climate controls to old Civic and purchase the parts to install it to a US civic.

I was wondering if anyone has attempted to import this or if they knew anyone who could? Most JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) dealers stock lots of civic/accord engine mechanical parts, and seeing that the E was only in Japan for a few years finding this part would probably be difficult even if you lived in Japan. But I though I would share and also ask:

If Honda offered this feature in the US would you purchase it?

Know of any good dealers that could find this part?

Could it even be installed on the 09-10 Elements?

Oh here is the link to the Japan Honda website for those wondering...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
I would buy that.

The things you will need to know:

Are the connectors on the back the same as our E?
Do you need any other parts other than that panel?
Does the panel do the auto part, or do you need more?

There are people here and in Japan that deal with getting JDM parts
to the USDM.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I'd do that mod to me E. If you figure out what all we need and parts locations I'd jump into a group buy or even buy it solo.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I wonder if the climate controls in the Nissan Pathfinder is compatible? One of the things that struck me when I bought my E was that the climate controls in my friend's Pathfinder are identical to those in the Element.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I know this thread is OLD.

But, the Auto Climate Control unit, is $500. Then, you will need three sensors: interior, exterior, and sun. Those will run an additional $100 from Majestic. But, as I have not found a service manual for the JDM Element, I do not know if the back of that unit is pin compatible with the USDM. However, I am lead to believe it is. I think the only thing you would have to do other than install the ACC unit is install the sensors and wire them in.

However, I have possibly found a viable, Honda based, alternative. I have ordered some parts and I am looking into finding the correct wiring bits to make an adapter harness. If it works, I'll post a How-To for everyone.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
after a week in my element one of the things i miss most about my 2000 accord was the climate control. seriously want this

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm working on it.

There is a slight translation issue between the Element HVAC knobs and the unit that I want to use to control everything. But, it's a minor one.

As for the JDM unit, I need a JDM manual. I have contacted people to buy it in Japan and it's a no-go. Definitely need that manual to know the pinout of the connector to know which sensor goes where.

Also, I just got in my eBay'd Element HVAC unit and it has everything connected and even indicates that the PCB can be used for Auto or Manual configuration. It could be that just the sensors need to be connected, or, it could mean the the controller needs a firmware flash. Dunno. I'm thinking a firmware flash as the knobs are in a different order and the Auto flash will tell the unit to swap the inputs internally to whatever they need to be.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
thanks for keeping me updated. i forgot how annoying it is to keep adjusting knobs while i'm driving lol

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
i don't have that problem when my wife is along, as she is constantly adjusting most everything.
fortunately, i have the steering wheel controls for the radio.
<grin>

·
Registered
318 Posts
subscribing............ very interested in this

Mitch

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
did anythign ever come of this?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
After buying a 04 RSX with climate control I'd like to know if anyone has verified if this is possible for an 05 E.

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,527 Posts
i don't have that problem when my wife is along, as she is constantly adjusting most everything.
fortunately, i have the steering wheel controls for the radio.
<grin>
Have the same issue :-( :razz: so I'm not sure it would be worth the effort..but still interested. Any new news??!!

·
Registered
804 Posts
This would be a really nice mod although the price for the JDM parts is steep.
Hopefully someone will attempt this and post up.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I know this thread is OLD.

But, the Auto Climate Control unit, is $500. Then, you will need three sensors: interior, exterior, and sun. Those will run an additional $100 from Majestic. But, as I have not found a service manual for the JDM Element, I do not know if the back of that unit is pin compatible with the USDM. However, I am lead to believe it is. I think the only thing you would have to do other than install the ACC unit is install the sensors and wire them in.

However, I have possibly found a viable, Honda based, alternative. I have ordered some parts and I am looking into finding the correct wiring bits to make an adapter harness. If it works, I'll post a How-To for everyone.
I know it has been a few years, I was curious. If you actually installed the JDM climate control or if you ended up use a Honda base alternative. I would be interested to know because I hate having constantly keep changing the knobs on my A/C to keep the car the same temperature.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts