Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All.
This forum was a great help to me a few years back when I imported my 05 US Element to the UK, now (after several years of confusing the British public & Honda dealerships with a very unusual car) I've got a few more questions I hope you can help with.

My questions are about a set of headlamps I bought on Ebay, I bought them as spares as we don't see too many E parts on ebay over here but when they arrived, they turned out to be JDM HID units built for D2R bulbs (part number 33101-SCV-J01)
On one hand, this is a good thing as it gives me the opportunity to upgrade to HIDs & to have the (correct for UK) RHD headlamp beam pattern but on the downside it means that I am missing all the bulbs/holders/ballasts as the auction was only for the bare housings & I can't use any of the internals from my US headlamps.
I've managed to find the diagram below but I'm having trouble identifying the parts.
Would anybody be able to shine any light (geddit..) on what items 11 & 15 are?
I'm guessing 15 is a moveable shield that defines the high/low beam but I've searched and haven't found any details which is probably due to the fact that these parts were only ever available in Japan and my English searches aren't going to get results from Japanese sites.
11 could just be a standard D2R bulb base but it looks to have additional wiring to connect it into 15. The bulb alignment will be critical so I would need the official Honda part for this.

I hope I can get most of the parts to get these working from an off the shelf bi-xenon kit but I want to keep it as OEM as possible as it will need to pass the annual UK inspection so hacking a hole in the unit & getting creative isn't an option.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
Thanks.
Jim

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
I have been getting all of my Honda Element JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) parts from Mr. Ikeda for the last 8 years. So he will be able to get you any parts you need for the headlights. I also have the JDM HID OEM headlights in my 2005 Element EX.

J's Garage Export Co., Ltd.
1602-8 Tomitsuka-cho Naka-ku
Hamamatsu-shi Shizuoka-ken Japan 432-8002
Yoshi_taka Ikeda [email protected]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the recommendation, I've sent them a mail.
From your experience with these lights, would you be able to let me know if switching from high to low beam causes the silver part in front of the main bulb to move in/out?
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Thanks for the recommendation, I've sent them a mail.
From your experience with these lights, would you be able to let me know if switching from high to low beam causes the silver part in front of the main bulb to move in/out?
Thanks.
I have absolutely no idea! :grin: But I will check that out and let you know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts