Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting article at CNN.com. No surprise to us dog owners.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/science/12/08/dogs.jealousy/index.html

- Dogs appear to experience emotions like jealousy, pride, scientists find
- Until now, this behavior had only been shown in humans or chimpanzees
- Dogs hate to see affection to other dogs; can suffer if new baby or partner arrives

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I walked in the door and was greeted by one of the kids, Megan would jump in and head butt me to pay attention to her first. She's very competitive.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
no sicence dagree needed

I got a rottie x ausi shepard mix and he is very jealous froget a treat if I go to pet another dog he will push in between us and get some petting too or just push the other dog completly out of the way. And if I am lucky enough to bring a new girl home and we get too close he will try and get in between us on the couch and I guess protect me from cooties, mans best friend maybe but a lousy wing man

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
.... No surprise to us dog owners.
- Dogs appear to experience emotions like jealousy, pride...
No kidding.

Here's a pic from last summer. After coming home from the groomers, Dexter was OBVIOUSLY displeased at getting the same haircut as his little sister!

Attachments

·
Registered
603 Posts
When I walked in the door and was greeted by one of the kids, Megan would jump in and head butt me to pay attention to her first.
So let me get this straight, your minature dog dachsund head butted you????? I thought you were taller.

Only kidding!!!! NOT!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Our Min pin is so jealous of our new baby and our Chihuahua seems sad like he thinks he is being replaced or something. The Chihuahua has always been sensitive though and Min pins are very strong willed so we aren't surprised.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts