Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to start this new thread to document my camping adventures. I been wanting to provide an update on my camping trips but I have not had the time.

On Memorial Weekend we decided to take a trip to Lassen National Park and camp there for 3 nights. With our little ones, we had to do a lot of planning and hope that they liked camping. It was great..here are the pictures of our 2009 Camping trips so far.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Camping trip to Lassen Volcanic National Park.

We camped in Grand Canyon last year but taking all our stuff on the E was a new challenge since we were used the space in the Honda Odyssey. Here are some pics of my kids, the toys and the E getting ready for it's first camping trip.

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Manzanita Lake Campground in Lassen National Park

We loved Manzanita lake campground. It was the first weekend of this season and it was not very crowded and the kids had a good time helping set up the camping tent. We were a little bit afraid about the bears but everything turn out to be great at this campground.

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lassen Peak

The next working we had breakfast and headed out to see Lassen Peak, unfortunately the road around the park was closed due to snow so we were not able to see some of the key features of this park. We plan on going back again, but just what we saw of Lassen was beautiful.

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kayaking in Manzanita Lake

After our morning hike close to Lassen Peak, the kids and I were ready to take the Kayak to Manzanita Lake. The lake is very shallow and the water was a little bit cold but the views were great. The kayak that we have is the Hobie Kona. Kayaking with my son and being able to take a picture of Lassen Peak from the middle of the lake was the best moment of this trip.

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lassen Peak from the south Entrance

One of the areas of the park that we wanted to see was Bumpass Hell, but we were told that the road was open to get to it from the south side, since the road from Manzanita lake was closed due to the snow. We woke up early on our 3rd day and decided to drive around the park to get to the south side. The vistas were incredible but the trail to get to Bumpass Hell was close due to the snow...so here is are the photos that we captured.

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On our way back home from Lassen National Park

On our way back home we decided to take a longer route in order to visit the Subway caves, do some geocaching and one of the most beautiful waterfalls I have seen in California. Burney Falls which has a hight of 129 feet and a daily flow of 100 million gals through out the year.

I hope you enjoy the pictures and our adventure... I am selecting pictures of the other camping trips.

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sequioa & Kings Canyon National Park

On July 10, about a month an a half after our trip to Lassen National Park, we were ready for another camping trip. In our new mission to visit the National Parks we decided to do a 2 night camping trip to Sequioa National Park with some family members.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Getting to Sequioa National Park

It was already pretty hot and the drive to sequoia was not what we expected. It looked very dried until we got past the park Entrance. After entering the National Park I was not interested in seeing the big trees, I wanted to see a bear. I got my close encounter!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hiking Morro Rock

Once of the places that I wanted to visit was Morro rock. I seen pictures of people going up this rock and all I wanted was to get there and start hiking up. This was a fun experience but got too nervous with the cliffs and the kids. My daughter enjoy testing her new hiking boots.

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Princess Campground - Kings Canyon National Park

Our campground was in Kings Canyon National Park so we had to drive across Sequoia National Park to get there. The campground was beautiful, we were surrounded by young sequoias and the sky at night was so impressive. The only problem was that it was not very level. This time I am going to share a little bit about my favorite cooking recipe when I go camping, as well as my new camping toy. The Eno Hammock. Enjoy the pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Kayaking in Hume Lake

One of the reasons for camping in Princess Campground is because it is only 3 miles from Hume Lake. The water was so refreshing and the view of the lake was amazing. We had a great time here. My son loves Kayaking with me and my daughter had a good time playing in the beach area.

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Kayaking in Hume Lake (more pictures)

More Kayaking pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Bear - Sequoia National Park

Just before getting ready to leave the park, we decided to take a short brake at a picnic area and eat some leftover water melon that we had. We started to cut the water melon and my son was playing around a rock when a lady came running and ask us to get the kids in the car because there was a bear coming. We got the kids in the car and saw the bear about 30 or 40 yards away from us.

I was happy!!! and my kids were really exited to have seen a bear.

Stick around...Sequoia Camping trip was just a preparation for our big one. Five nights of camping outside the state of California..

Attachments

·
Banned
43 Posts
We did a one-day trip through Lassen in '07, with a few hours lazily hanging around Manzanita.

Beautiful park, for sure.

Looks like you're putting the E to good use.

·
EOC Rank: Granny Smith Apple
2,593 Posts
What a vaca, you're kids will remember it for a very long time.
great pics too.
jurn

·
Registered
139 Posts
Lassen is one of my favorite National Parks, mostly because not alot of people know about it. :) Great pics!!

1 - 20 of 69 Posts