Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
L-EH-MENT said:
Does anybody have a JET Chip in there element if so what have u benefited from getting 1?

or

If nobody has 1 take a look @ this website cuz they do make performance chips for the E. Im just interested in wondering what should i expect?

http://www.jetchip.com/products.asp?pid=14478&make=42&model=925#925
expect to be about $350.00 poorer.

you wanna buy a bridge? It's right down the road, I'll take you and show it to you if you're interested....

·
Registered
81 Posts
L-EH-MENT said:
Does anybody have a JET Chip in there element if so what have u benefited from getting 1?

or

If nobody has 1 take a look @ this website cuz they do make performance chips for the E. Im just interested in wondering what should i expect?

http://www.jetchip.com/products.asp?pid=14478&make=42&model=925#925
I'm not sure I'd want to "chip" my Element. But, I chipped an Audi I had several years ago and I turned into some sort of ranging, racing "get out of my way" maniac. :evil:

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
I have not seen a post by anyone, saying they had done it.

I do know of a Ricer club that has 4 or 5 civics running them. They meet at a local ice cream joint Every Wednesday night. I stop in every so often to take a look at the spoilers and fart cans.

The claim is 55 HP gain with Jetchip, fuel rail and headers.

I'd take that with a grain of salt!

Dom

·
Registered
245 Posts
Dom.five said:
I have not seen a post by anyone, saying they had done it.

I do know of a Ricer club that has 4 or 5 civics running them. They meet at a local ice cream joint Every Wednesday night. I stop in every so often to take a look at the spoilers and fart cans.

The claim is 55 HP gain with Jetchip, fuel rail and headers.

I'd take that with a grain of salt!

Dom
Yeah, they're full of poo. I also own a civic, and try to stay up on the aftermarket stuff. They're lucky if they got 15 hp from that setup.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I'd take just about any of the 'Ebay quality' chips with a grain of salt. While it is possible to get some HP with a chip, it is usually at the expense of something else. For example, cheap chips are famous for killing catalytic converters. They also might cause you to need new spark plugs sooner than the factory interval. Some will cause your engine to throw error codes. Most will cause you to fail emissions testing.

Of the few reputable, long term chip producers out there, none make one for the E.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Chips can work well, but they work best on Turbo and supercharged motors, where they need fuel and ignition timings ramped up. My sister has one on her WRX and I cna't say it increased the power by itself, but at 20 pounds of boost, it smoothed the engine out alot. It was also custom made for teh car, not a generic off the shelf chip. A lot of chips make the motor run leaner, a bit more power is made, but at the expense of engine logentivity.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
I think that it is just a single resistor that is used to "trick" the ECU into thinking you are getting colder air so that it adds a little more fuel to the mixture (I think that is what burns out the cat as someone said earlier). You can get one at radioshack for a few pennies if you wanna fu<k up your ride, otherwise, just save up for K-Pro if you wanna tune your Element!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Yea its not actually a chip they reprogram your ECU.

I have called them on this service (about 6 months ago)! They told me they guarantee you will receive your ECU back in working order or they pay to get a new one (but you will still be down a vehicle). I ask the guy how much power I will receive and will my MPG go up he told me 14hp 10 torque at wheel. (something like that remember i called 6 months ago) Has for MPG he told me they dont check that so he doesnt know. I then asked him how they got those numbers, his reply was that they have done a few and dyno tested them. He then ask me if I was going to do any other performance upgrades on my Element, I relpied yea....slowly (when money comes in). He then told me to install each part separately and wait a couple weeks between parts. Once finished upgrading to wait 6 months after the last one to insure the engine is used to the parts and adjusted to all the changes before getting the ECU upgrade. Doing this will help maximize your ECU upgrade gains.

He also told me that once your ECU has been upgraded that you will have to bump up to the next fuel rating (87 to 92).

Thats what I was told on the phone. So yea take whatever you want from it! =p

·
Registered
198 Posts
Please do I am very interested in the results!

DONT FORGET!
:lol:

·
Registered
480 Posts
Any updates yet? Just curious how the dyno turned out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Questions

Any results yet? How much to do this? Also can you choose how they program it, as far as more MPG versus more HP? I'm more concerned with getting more MPG. I average 24.5 right now and would like to get to 30.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.