Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I bought a JL Audio XD600/6 yesterday and would like to have your thought about my purchase....

I have received my speakers today 4 polk DB651s and(still to come) 2 Infinity reference 110t for the tweeters

At first i was looking to buy the Alpine PDX-5 but i saw the JL after some research on google,and i read more good thing on the XD600/6.I paid 389$ shipped for the XD600 this is a good price i think!!

Now i need to find how to connect all these parts on my OEM HU....any link:roll:

Bert

·
Registered
756 Posts
At that price there is no way that was a authorized dealer. You know you dont have any warrantee on that amp right? The only place online that sells JL Audio and is authorized to do it is crutchfield.com.

John

·
Registered
519 Posts
Hi,

I bought a JL Audio XD600/6 yesterday and would like to have your thought about my purchase....
I have received my speakers today 4 polk DB651s and(still to come) 2 Infinity reference 110t for the tweeters
Bert
Why did you buy 2 way speakers then buy tweeters? Are you going for the boom boom ssss ssss sound? You could have gotten a set of components for up front that would be matched to play together smoothly vs the mismatched 4 midrange drivers & six tweeters you have.

·
Registered
562 Posts
as for the amp I have the xd400, its been a great amp so far.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
84 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Even if he was a dealer, he cannot sell online, so there is no warrantee on the amp. JL Audio keeps close tabs on there dealers. That is why you cant find any JL Audio products lower then the usual MSRP pricing.

John

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The guy from who i bought my amp have this to say...

I have copy and paste his text,

Yes, I have been an authorized JL Audio dealer for about 13 years. Technically I am not supposed to sell from an internet site. I don't have a website that I sell from, I sell from two Nissan forums as a vendor. I don't have a website that a customer can simply throw some products into an online shopping cart and be on their way. In order to purchase from me on one of the two forums, the customer either has to contact me via email or telephone. So either way, I make contact with every single customer and can confirm they are making the correct purchase for their needs. The reason I target the Nissan forums is because I am a Nissan enthusiast. I wanted to help out some of the young members and give them some good deals along with my excellent service. I go out of the way to provide tech support and sales assistance to them just like I do every customer who walks into my store. The customer base I target is very small. And to be honest with you, in the last two years that I have been selling on the Nissan forums, I have only sold approximately a dozen or so JL products. Because of JL's higher price, it's just not popular among the Nissan crowd.

Several years ago JL Audio told all of their small business, specialty car audio dealers that they would never sell to the big chain stores. Well, they lied....... because they sell to Crutchfield. And it's an online business to-boot. So us small business owners are forced to go with the flow and do whatever it takes to stay afloat in the market that is presented to us.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
It seems with most online retailers that claim to be vendors require you to ship the merch. back to them then they ship it to the manufacturer for warranty work, dunno if that's just their way around the issue or the proper procedure for getting things fixed under warranty.

Either way hope you don't have to worry about that and everything works out for ya.

·
Registered
16 Posts
At that price there is no way that was a authorized dealer. You know you dont have any warrantee on that amp right? The only place online that sells JL Audio and is authorized to do it is crutchfield.com.

John
JL Audio is not the only warranty supplier for their amps actually.

XD600/6 There is the 600/6 for $350, with a full warranty against manufacture defects, and for $39 you can add a 3 year plan that means you can get it replaced whenever, even if you wire it wrong say to one ohm and blow it yourself, which is better than what JL Audio authorized will give you, and still way cheaper.

And especially with amps, it's not like JL Audio ever has defects anyway, and their subs are pretty bomb proof as well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts