Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Yep, should be fine. You lose a little airspace due to that speaker's larger displacement but it shouldn't audibly affect performance. JL did this with a demo vehicle a couple years back. They dropped a W7 into the stealthbox for a Subaru Legacy (2005 or 2006).

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hey did you ever do this? If so how does it sound compared to the 10w3? How much power are you feeding it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JL10W6 in a stealth box

Yes going from the W3 to W6 was a big difference and it sounds awesome ! I'm running a JL HD 900/5 under the passenger seat so that would be 500 watts to the sub .

·
Registered
140 Posts
That sucker fit in there huh? Able to hit the lows well? Any polyfil in there? I'm gonna have to consider this in the spring.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Oh hey one more thing.... How was the installation? Was it a direct fit or did you have to make an adapter for it fit correctly to the stealthbox?

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m also curious...was it a direct fit? I called JL audio yesterday and they’re only concern was the excursion from the W6 being longer than the W3, and wasn’t sure if there was enough clearance to the floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
3 Posts
I compared the specs of the two W6 models to the 10W3V3 that came with my stealthbox and confirmed the 10W6V3 has much longer excursion than the 10W6V2 that it replaced. The JL Audio rep I spoke to was referring to the newer V3 woofer.

For anyone that might be interested down the road, I’ll try to post the comparison chart that I made.

IMG_1809.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts