Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all. I'm a recent college grad and I just bought my 1st car (ever) today. Its an 04 DX Element (AWD, AT) and I picked it up for 12k.

I'm picking it up tomorrow and I couldn't be more excited.

Sooooo . . . . what should I know? Are there quirks I should be aware of? Are there accessories I must have? Is there a secret Elemet-owners hand shake I should know?

I bought the car because I'm about to be moving 2,000 miles and I needed to carry all my crap to my new job. So very soon I'm going to be spending A LOT of time getting acquainted with this thing.

Any tips? Any advice?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I just read through the forums to get a good feel for the site. Lots of great info here!

I just picked the new E up a little over an hour ago. There was a little haggling and shadiness with the private owner I bought from, but all turned out great! Its actually an EX (his ad said DX, but when I looked through the owners manual I realized it was an EX) which is even better.

I'll post pics in a couple days when I get a chance to take some, but for now I'll just make sure my profile is updated.

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Welcome aboard and congrats.

Be sure to cover you grill, especially before your 2,000 mile trip. Where are you headed? It's a shame you have to leave Portland... it's beautiful out there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm headed to Austin, TX. Just for a year though, and then I'll be back. I love Portland and the NW, but I'm excited to see the open road and a different part of the country for awhile. I've been in the NW my whole life.

Thanks for the advice, that is a smart thing to do.

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
I'm headed to Austin, TX. Just for a year though, and then I'll be back. I love Portland and the NW, but I'm excited to see the open road and a different part of the country for awhile. I've been in the NW my whole life.

Thanks for the advice, that is a smart thing to do.
Very cool. There's nothing like traveling, especially when you have time to stop and enjoy the sights along the way. Hope you can make the time.

You're welcome for the tip. It just may save you a boatload of cash. :)

Wherever you are, be sure to get together with other Element owners. I've had some of the best times and met some of the best people ever at mini-meets. I have a link below to pictures from some of those meets so check 'em out.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I'll post pics in a couple days when I get a chance to take some, (but for now I'll just make sure my profile is updated
.)

:? Is it a couple of days yet...?
:?

All I can say is...

:eoc:
-L B D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts