Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

As my title states, I bought a 2006 EX-P with 98,612 miles on Saturday.

I'd like to know what to look out for/what to expect from all of you who have much more experience with Elements than I. I saw several threads where members discussed reaching 100K and saying they hoped to get another 100K. I love my new Element and am hopeful that I, too, can get another 100K out of it.

Just this morning, I noticed the light on the main cruise control button (to the left of the steering wheel, above the coin tray) was out. It was working over the weekend.

Here is some background, if it's useful, on my Element:
-One owner. I am owner No. 2.
-I bought it at the same Honda dealership that sold it new.
-Most of the service, including oil changes, was done at that same Honda dealership.
-Most of the miles were highway miles.

Thank you so much for any advice or guidance.

·
Registered
112 Posts
rear gear oil, rear brakes and upsize to 225's on your next set of tires. Mines great in the snow with good tires. How much did you pay? I have 86K on mine w/no problems

ET

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@maontayne: Thanks so much for the info. Good to know you have 86K and no problems. I paid $12,800.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
There is no reason to upsize, or increase the width, of your tires, unless you wish it for aesthetics.

We have found that on the pre 07 Es, the 225's fix the speedometer error.

My wifes E has the 225 Nokians on it and we love the way it has fixed several negative handling aspects. It no longer wanders around on a windy day. It is more sure footed than it was in wet weather. plus the ride has improved and the noise is reduced.

The next set of tires on my E will be 225's.

Dom

·
Registered
139 Posts

My wifes E has the 225 Nokians on it and we love the way it has fixed several negative handling aspects. It no longer wanders around on a windy day. It is more sure footed than it was in wet weather. plus the ride has improved and the noise is reduced.

Dom
Dom,

I am new around here and am curious, what speedometer error? BTW I have an 06 EX-P also.

I have Bridgestone tires on it and just had the rear two separate with about 70% of the tread left on them. Are these two related?

Thanks,

Deacon

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Dom,

I am new around here and am curious, what speedometer error? BTW I have an 06 EX-P also.

I have Bridgestone tires on it and just had the rear two separate with about 70% of the tread left on them. Are these two related?

Thanks,

Deacon
The speedo error is built in by Honda, Toyota, Ford and a couple other manufactures. usually reads 55 mph when your are in reality going 51 or 52 mph. They idea is to slow us down a little. The 225 tire is around 3% bigger, fixing the error on the speedo, but will make you ODOMETER read 3% less miles. as for the tread separation- not related to tire size or the speedo error-just bad tires that may have been under inflated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Dom
@Dom.five: Thanks for passing along. Which specific model of Nokians 225s did you get?

·
Registered
163 Posts
The speedo error is built in by Honda, Toyota, Ford and a couple other manufactures. usually reads 55 mph when your are in reality going 51 or 52 mph. They idea is to slow us down a little. The 225 tire is around 3% bigger, fixing the error on the speedo, but will make you ODOMETER read 3% less miles. as for the tread separation- not related to tire size or the speedo error-just bad tires that may have been under inflated.
so are you saying with changing to the 225's, the odo will never be right on then?

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
so are you saying with changing to the 225's, the odo will never be right on then?
YES, however
3% on the recommended oil change of every 10K miles is only 300 miles
if someone is that "particular", they have bigger problems (A/R)

the 225's solve more issues than they cause - I've been running 225's since the crappy stock tires wore out @ 30K or so

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'll check it against my GPS. I do a ton of road miles, and it previously has registered accurately against a Garmin Nuvi, and I am running the standard size tire.

Thanks for the info. I will watch it more carefully to see if there is a gap between the speedometer and the gps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts